Hubspot not capturing all my form submissions and not always sending notification

New Contributor

Hello, I am using the Hubspot CRM with the tracking code on my wordpress website which has always picked up form submissions and notified me when we get a new lead.

Recently, (seemingly from November 2018) not all submissions have been collected by Hubspot. Some are, and some are not and I cannot see any reason behind which are picked up and which are not. 

Secondly, for those that are picked up and collected by Hubspot, sometimes I am notified and sometimes I am not. Again, I cannot work out why some are coming through and others not.

I have discovered 4 leads this morning from the last 3 months which are potentially lost business. In a small business where we only have around 10 clients, this is a huge opportunity to miss out on. My CEO is furious and wants to move away from Hubspot. previously I had been trying to move to a paid-for plan, now it looks like I will never get sign off. 

Can someone help me fix this? And has anyone else had this same problem? 

Many thanks.

0 Upvotes
10 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @Aimee,

Happy to help here! Can you please provide some additional information including the pages the forms are on. I would also recommend confirming you have the most up to date version of the HubSpot plug in. You can also try using forms from within HubSpot (which a free tool) and putting them into your wordpress website. 

Additionally, @trevorjones71 just recently discussed some options for integrating HubSpot and Wordpress in this thread.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

The submissions are sometimes collected from the main contact form and sometimes not. This form is used across several pages, and I cannot tell whether there is a page in particular which it is not being collected from, because of course if the submission is not collected there is no tracking info, I just see it as a submission in Ninja forms with no info about which pages it was submitted on. 

I did not use the Hubspot Wordpress plugin, I installed the tracking code on the site. It has always worked as far as I can see for the past year, but just in the last few months I have discovered some form submissions in Ninja forms which do not exist in Hubspot. There are also some contacts in Hubspot myself and my colleague never received a notification for. 

Thanks for the link to some useful information about how to use forms, but that will take developer time to set this up, something I do not have at the moment. 

Surely there is a technical issue here with Hubspot that needs addressing? I have already spent a day at this end checking I have everything set up correctly and testing the form submissions trying to find out why some work and some don't, to no avail.

I am disappointed I can no longer have any phone support, something which was a great help when I opted to use Hubspot in the first place. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Aimee,

Since we were founded, HubSpot has remained committed to providing small and medium-sized business the tools they need to remain competitive in the shifting digital landscape of marketing, sales, and service. To this end, we’ve continued to add more features and options to HubSpot's CRM, while remaining committed to keeping the product free. In order to maintain this commitment, phone, chat and email support are limited to paying HubSpot customers. As a free user, help is still available to you on the HubSpot community which is staffed by other HubSpot users and our Partners. This channel is also staffed by HubSpot employees to help with technical errors and setup.

If you would like to continue working through this issue on this platform, if you can share a link to the page the form is on, that would be a good starting point so that we can look at the page and make sure everything is set up correctly. 

The more information, screenshots and information you provide, the better the Community can assist! 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

The form can be found on all these pages, but I don't know if one page in particular is causing the problem as obviously the user's page visits are not tracked if it is not fired off to Hubspot. 

https://buildempire.co.uk/ 

https://buildempire.co.uk/our-agile-approach/

https://buildempire.co.uk/contact/

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Aimee,

My first recommendation would be to use HubSpot forms, as this is a free tool available within HubSpot.

The way collected forms is built, it can be blocked from working for a variety of reasons, ranging from the browser to page that don't finish loading, JavaScript conflicts on the page, visitor closed their browser tab immediately after submission, visitor has JavaScript disabled, etc. Because we're essentially 'hooking into' the 3rd party form we cannot guarantee 100% collection of every single submission. We strive for 100% but it is unattainable due to how many external factors have an influence.

There can be a multitude of reasons why a collected forms submission may not come through, JS may have been blocked or browser extensions may have blocked this. Without seeing the exact browser when the person was submitting the form, we can't tell why we didn't scrape this. If you want to guarantee submissions come into HubSpot, you should switch to HubSpot forms.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thank you for your advice on the issue of my forms not always being collected, Jenny. 

Any thoughts on why sometimes notifications are emailed to me and my colleague and sometimes not? And yes, I have checked my junk folder and checked the HubSpot email addresses are added to my address book. 

Coming back to collecting the forms, I believe HubSpot forms was not a free option when we first installed our tracking code. I have had a look at this option recently and I don't think it gives us enough styling freedom to match the designs for our website, but I will take another look. 

So, is there anything else you can suggest or is your answer that you don't know why it is not working, it is not 100% reliable? If there is nothing you can suggest for me to do, I'll just have to try and source a web developer to take a look for me. 

Wish I'd have known there was the risk of HubSpot not collecting all forms when I'd first installed it, unfortunately, I blindly trusted that if my test forms came through then my forms would always come through. Lesson learned, have a failsafe in place in the future. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Aimee ,

If you can provide specific examples of contacts who were added to your portal without a notification email, that would be great!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I can do, but is there some way I can do this privately? 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello again Jenny, I am getting some help from one of your colleagues for this problem now directly, so hopefully, we will find out why it is not working properly.

After the first conversation there seems to be no obvious things wrong with the set up at my end, but if it turns out it is due to a mistake I have made I will post it here so others can learn. 

Thanks for trying to assist, I hope your colleague is able to discover the cause of the issue.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @Aimee

Please let me know if you require additional assistance.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes