Lead Capture Tools

Vy_Nguyen

Hubspot ain't capturing Non-Hubspot Form

SOLVE

In short,  I create Lead Generation Form with Thriveleads, but I encounter two huge problems:

1. Hubspot does not capture Non-Hubspot Form, in this situation, ThriveLead Form

2. I cannot track Contact's activities

I need help with pointing out what I did wrong so I can fix this problem.

Here is a brief description of what I did.

1. I tried integrating Thriveleads directly to Hubspot. Hubspot then did capture the contact created by Thriveleads but showed no website activities and information that the lead filled in. All I was informed is a line 'This integration is crated through API'. 

2. I then integrated Thriveleads to ActiveCampaign. Since I set up Hubspot tracking code on my Wordpress account already, I expect that Hubspot still capture the contact created by Thrivelead (with their activities on site). But most of the time Hubspot fail to track and I have to log the contact manually. 

What is wrong with my set up? Can you suggest what to do next?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I've honestly never had any luck with the non-hubspot forms feature. I would always recommend either using the hubspot embed code where possible or re-posting through the API.  To what you tried:

1. As this plugin was developed by the Thrive team have you reached out to them about this information?  To compare with Salesforce --> Hubspot, when the leads are created they are tracked as via the API, but there are original source drill down fields so, for instance with salesforce I would see that these are populated with Salesforce as the source and a string telling me who is Salesforce created the lead. If these details are missing from the API post, that is something the Thrive development team would need to implement on their end.

2. This sounds messy with using a third party to connect to another third party and having a third third-party, Hubspot, jump in the end of this process. First, why do you need to use ActiveCampaign with Hubspot?  Also, have you considered posting to ThriveLeads directly to Hubspot and then using the Hubspot/Active Campaign integration to sync the leads after submission?  

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I've honestly never had any luck with the non-hubspot forms feature. I would always recommend either using the hubspot embed code where possible or re-posting through the API.  To what you tried:

1. As this plugin was developed by the Thrive team have you reached out to them about this information?  To compare with Salesforce --> Hubspot, when the leads are created they are tracked as via the API, but there are original source drill down fields so, for instance with salesforce I would see that these are populated with Salesforce as the source and a string telling me who is Salesforce created the lead. If these details are missing from the API post, that is something the Thrive development team would need to implement on their end.

2. This sounds messy with using a third party to connect to another third party and having a third third-party, Hubspot, jump in the end of this process. First, why do you need to use ActiveCampaign with Hubspot?  Also, have you considered posting to ThriveLeads directly to Hubspot and then using the Hubspot/Active Campaign integration to sync the leads after submission?