Lead Capture Tools

CamDuboz

HubSpot Meeting forms changing the conversion source in Google Analytics

Hello 🙂 

We're using HubSpot meeting forms to convert leads into contacts on our website.

The issue is, once used, the acquisition Channel is set to "Referral" and the source is set as "meeting.hubspot.com". 

I tried storing the UTMs in the session storage (which seemed to work at first) but I'm still seeing the same issue in Google Analytics. + This workaround won't work for organic traffic. 

Can anybody help? 👀

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @CamDuboz 

Could you check your analytics settings to see if you have cross-domain tracking activated?

automatic-cross-domain-linking.png_width=1280&name=automatic-cross-domain-linking

I have this active on my portal and as a result the original source is correctly showing, see this example of someone who was sent a direct link to my meeting page:

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 10.54.13.png

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
CamDuboz

Hi @franksteiner79 

Thanks for your answer, but I'm not having any issue with HubSpot conversion source tracking. I appologize if my message wasn't clear! 

I'm seeing issues in Google Analytics 

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @CamDuboz 

Got you. At it's core, this is still a cross-domain tracking issue. Depending on if you use the old Google Analytics or GA4, you will have to follow similar steps in the GA setup to ensure that the HubSpot Meetings domain is seen as one of your domains, in order to collect the correct source information in Google Analytics.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes