Lead Capture Tools

CBeirne
Participant

HubSpot Form can't be submitted due to reCAPTCHA error

Hi all,

I have a HubSpot form installed on a pop-up (scroll down to the "Let's talk" section here https://corasystems.com/partner ) but the form cannot be submitted due to a reCAPTCHA error.

The same form works fine when it's embedded directly on a page e.g. https://corasystems.com/contact/

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
5Marketing

I am having the same issue. Has this been resolved?
This is the error I am seeing:

```errorMessage: "Form '%s' can't receive API submissions as Captcha (SPAM prevention) is enabled."inlineMessage: "Form Submission Failed"result: "{\"status\":\"error\",\"message\":\"Form '%s' can't receive API submissions as Captcha (SPAM prevention) is enabled.\",\"correlationId\":\"b5dc8bb1-c7d9-4604-8fa3-1cc476cc67da\",\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"Form '%s' can't receive API submissions as Captcha (SPAM prevention) is enabled.\",\"errorType\":\"FORM_HAS_RECAPTCHA_ENABLED\"}]} status: "error"```

I am not submitting the form via an API. I have selected the captcha spam prevention option in the form editor. When I disable the captcha the form works fine. The URL is https://www.weare5stones.com/contact

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @CBeirne 

It seems that the reCAPTCHA on the pop-up form is not functioning properly, causing the form to not be submitted. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the reCAPTCHA API key being used on the form and make sure it is correct and properly set up in your HubSpot account.
  2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then try submitting the form again.
  3. Try disabling any browser extensions that may be interfering with the reCAPTCHA.
  4. If none of the above steps work, you can try reaching out to HubSpot support for further assistance.
Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Pálesz
Participant

Hi @himanshurauthan
I also have a same problem with a embed from when mine costumers clik to the submit. webpage:  https://www.erasmuslifebudapest.com/register-now/
I got this answer back from tme post method when i click to the submit. 

<script type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */ window.parent.postMessage({"formGuid":"ced6cac9-a756-4843-b8ae-2657c1fa4c94","accepted":false,"conversionId":"522ddb89-9b6c-4e41-ae19-7c4f26649451","formSubmissionError":"RECAPTCHA_VALIDATION_ERROR","automaticLinker":false}, "*") /* ]]> */</script>

Do you know the solution? 

0 Upvotes
CBeirne
Participant

Hi Pálesz,

I spoke to someone who had a similar experience with a HubSpot form on another site. They found that the configuration of the form and the use of an automated email/follow-up workflow led to a reCAPTCHA issue for them. In our instance, I temporarily removed reCAPTCHA until I have time to investigate the configuration in detail

BPol
Participant

Hi CBeirne (and others),

Since a couple of hours we have also been struggling. Our forms are embedded in our own external WordPress website, and they do not work anymore, with the same error as presented by Pàlesz. When we use the forms outside of our website we are able to submit, so using the 'raw' hubspot link. This means the problem lies in our website, which is strange, as we did not change anything in terms of plugins whatsoever. How can we disable recaptcha in the form? It does not give the same options in the privacy field as other people on forums get. This would be a great temporary workaround, thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
CBeirne
Participant

Hi Himanshu, 

Thanks for the reply, but to confirm:

• It's a HubSpot form, so I have no control over the reCAPTCHA API key
  • It's a problem for all site visitors so clearing my browser or disabling browser extensions won't make a difference