Lead Capture Tools

GLittle9
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

How to view "unpublished changes" in Forms?

lösung

When I open a Form to edit it, I see that there are unpublished changes.

GLittle9_0-1666975948813.png

How do I see what those unpublished changes are?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GLittle9,

Forms don't have a version history in HubSpot (yet?). I would also love to see this.

You can however compare the latest changes in the forms editor to its previous version by clicking Actions > View in the top right corner. A tab will open with a preview of the published form. The published form will still be the 'old' one. By comparing the forms editor to this new tab, you can check which changes were made.

If this is inconclusive, HubSpot support can help with identifying changes.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten
GLittle9

lösung

(see reply)

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GLittle9,

You're looking at the unpublished changes. HubSpot shows the latest edit. You could discard them and return to the previous version.

Even if someone else made changes and did not publish them, you're seeing them in the forms editor.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GLittle9,

You're looking right at them 🙂 This is HubSpot's way of telling you that what you're looking at is not yet reflected on the live form. The latest changes are still in draft mode. You need to publish the form in the top right corner to push those changes live.

For example, let's assume since last publishing the form, you added an additional field. This would be an unpublished change. The live form would still not show this field, until you hit publish again.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

GLittle9

lösung

Thanks.  But if someone else edited the form, how can I see what is unpublished?

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GLittle9,

Unpublished means that the forms editor is showing you the latest version of the form. However, since those changes are not published (pushed to the live form yet), you're only seeing them in the editor. On your website, it might still be an older version, as the latest changes (the ones that you're seeing in the forms editor) aren't published yet.

In any case, regardless of whether someone else made the latest changes or you: in the forms editor, you're looking at the most recent version of the form. The editor is always up to date and not hiding changes. You simply decide when to push them to live.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

GLittle9

lösung

Thanks, Karsten.

I'm still trying to know what has been changed.  If I open a form to edit, and it says there are unpublished changes, how can I know what is different between what I see and what is published?  Was a new field added?  Was a field replaced using a different property but named the same?  Was one of the Options changed?

Unless I know what was being modified, I don't know whether to Delete all the unpublished changes or whether it is safe to publish them all, whatever they are!

christopher-RVO
Autorität | Diamond Partner
Autorität | Diamond Partner

lösung

@GLittle9  I recommend reaching out to HubSpot Support by clicking the ? icon in the top right in your HubSpot account. 

Historically, they have been helpful in being able to show the historical changes and who the user was that changed it. 

If this helped solve what you're looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @GLittle9,

Forms don't have a version history in HubSpot (yet?). I would also love to see this.

You can however compare the latest changes in the forms editor to its previous version by clicking Actions > View in the top right corner. A tab will open with a preview of the published form. The published form will still be the 'old' one. By comparing the forms editor to this new tab, you can check which changes were made.

If this is inconclusive, HubSpot support can help with identifying changes.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

GLittle9

lösung

Okay. Not ideal, but might help.  I'll have to track down the people who may have changed the form and find out what they changed without publishing.

0 Upvotes