Lead Capture Tools

Tim-Zendbox
Participant

How to style a raw HTML form

SOLVE

Hi guys,

I'm trying to style a HS form set to raw HTML, so styling it with external CSS. I can't find any documentation on this, I remember in the past there was documentation which had all the CSS classes and examples of use. Now when I search it all results point to the Set up and style a HubSpot form on an external site which just gives you instructions on how to style and set up your form natively using the HS form editor. The native tools are very limited hence why I'm trying to style it externally. 

Please can someone point me in the right direction 😊

Thanks
Tim

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I believe you are correct that there was a big update to some of the documentation like the developer resources.  As far as styling goes, I would just use the inspector in your browser to identify the pieces that you are looking to update with your custom CSS.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Tim-Zendbox
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Ben, I shall do that. Some classes are tricky to identify exactly, but that workaround does work.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Two things worth noting about the inspector.  First, the "Styles" tab shows things in order of operations so simply writing a rule that overwrites the highest rule in order will always overwrite.  Second, if you look at the "Computed" tab it will show you the rules by type (ie: background-color) in a quick view so you know what rule  is being overwritten and by where.  Using the same logic in the hierarchy of CSS, overwriting the top rule will change the color.  

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I believe you are correct that there was a big update to some of the documentation like the developer resources.  As far as styling goes, I would just use the inspector in your browser to identify the pieces that you are looking to update with your custom CSS.