Lead Capture Tools

kierra

How to prevent Embeded Hubspot form from being removed on submit?

SOLVE

Every time a user submits my embedded form HubSpot removes the form from the page. I imagine that this is probably to prevent duplicate submission but is there a way to override this behavior so that the user does not have to refresh the page to see the form again?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DAnaGuiloff
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi,

The process of submitting the form is what "saves" it to your HubSpot portal. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you have options.

Is your form setup to:

1. Display a thank you page? If so, this message replaces the form upon submission to let your visitor know the form has been submitted + whatever messaging you want to display.
  2. Redirect to another page? Then this is the page that your visitor is taken to when they submit the form. Generally a thank you for your submission form, but doesn't have to be.

If #2 then you could redirect them to the same page (like a force refresh).

If #1 then you could provide them a link back to the page to allow them to refresh on their own.

Not sure of your use case, but I have used #2 for clients that are at a trade show/in-person event and they have multiple people filling out the form in a row. **JUST be sure that if you are doing this and it is NOT likely the same person filling out the form, you turn-off pre-populate with known values and always create new contact for new email address.

There is also a setting to add link to reset the form on the page you can experiment with, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Hope these options help!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DAnaGuiloff
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

The process of submitting the form is what "saves" it to your HubSpot portal. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you have options.

Is your form setup to:

1. Display a thank you page? If so, this message replaces the form upon submission to let your visitor know the form has been submitted + whatever messaging you want to display.
  2. Redirect to another page? Then this is the page that your visitor is taken to when they submit the form. Generally a thank you for your submission form, but doesn't have to be.

If #2 then you could redirect them to the same page (like a force refresh).

If #1 then you could provide them a link back to the page to allow them to refresh on their own.

Not sure of your use case, but I have used #2 for clients that are at a trade show/in-person event and they have multiple people filling out the form in a row. **JUST be sure that if you are doing this and it is NOT likely the same person filling out the form, you turn-off pre-populate with known values and always create new contact for new email address.

There is also a setting to add link to reset the form on the page you can experiment with, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

Hope these options help!

0 Upvotes
kierra

SOLVE

Thank you  DAnaGuiloff. I had a feeling that would be the case.

So just to be clear there is no way to prevent the form from being removed entirely either through javascript or through the Hubspot portal itself? The only way to get the form back would be through a page refresh?

0 Upvotes
DAnaGuiloff

SOLVE

Nothing through the portal itself.

HubSpot's forms are pretty intelligent, and the settings are intuitive. If you are looking to keep the displayed information that they just entered in a form, for the same person that just entered it, you can do that by keeping the setting turned on for "Pre-populate contact fields with known values".

Developers can do some pretty inventive things to get systems to behave in a way other than programmed, but it might help if you outlined what you are trying to accomplish (otherwise I will keep guessing at what you're really looking for). I have never tried to stop a form submission/refresh from happening so I can't say for certain what you'd need to do to prevent that other than not putting the form on the page to begin with.