Lead Capture Tools

karimalvizo

How to include the URL of the external page (WordPress) where my HubSpot form is embedded on?

SOLVE

Hi there,

I've read several other posts where this question gets asked, perhaps differently, but gets answers that aren't quite aligned to what's being asked — IMO. So I will try here...

How can I include the URL of the external page (WordPress) where my HubSpot form is embedded on when someone submits the form?

To clarify, I am not using a HubSpot landing page. I am using a HubSpot form and it's embedded in many pages of my WordPress website. I need to find a way to track the specific URL where the form is being submitted from.

Does anyone know a way to achieve this? I've asked the support team and they told me it's not possible. Thanks!

#HubSpot #Forms #WordPress #LandingPage

2 Accepted solutions
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

How to include the URL of the external page (WordPress) where my HubSpot form is embedded on?

SOLVE

Tacking on to what @BukunmiOdetayo said... I just remembered that one of my external forms is on a WordPress site page and I do NOT have the Hubspot plugin on this site. When this form is submitted I get this entry in the contact's feed in Hubspot:

Crystal_Hopper_0-1666710064213.png

I think you want this info embedded on the form itself, but I found no way to include the referring page IN the form submission details. But as a something to play with, perhaps there's a way to use Workflows to pull the info together. 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karimalvizo,

To accomplish this, a small bit of development and coding is needed. This thread explains the necessary steps nicely: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-can-I-collect-current-page-URL-in-form/m-p/23...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karimalvizo,

To accomplish this, a small bit of development and coding is needed. This thread explains the necessary steps nicely: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-can-I-collect-current-page-URL-in-form/m-p/23...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Tacking on to what @BukunmiOdetayo said... I just remembered that one of my external forms is on a WordPress site page and I do NOT have the Hubspot plugin on this site. When this form is submitted I get this entry in the contact's feed in Hubspot:

Crystal_Hopper_0-1666710064213.png

I think you want this info embedded on the form itself, but I found no way to include the referring page IN the form submission details. But as a something to play with, perhaps there's a way to use Workflows to pull the info together. 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
karimalvizo

SOLVE

Yes! Thank you @Crystal_Hopper! That's exactly what I would like to do. To capture either the page title or URL of my WordPress page IN a form hidden field. The data is there... somewhere because I can see it in the feed and I also get the data in the email notification. I just don't know how to capture it in a hidden field. 😞  

BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karimalvizo,

I was shocked when the support team said it wasn't possible and you still brought it here 🙂 lol

Since you're using a WordPress website, have you installed the HubSpot for WordPress plugin on your website? If yes, you will automatically see all the pages a contact has visited and on which exact page on your website a form was submitted. That's how HubSpot lets you track the history of contact from the moment they visited your WordPress website. This plugin solves all that problem.

If you have not installed it, then maybe you should try installing the plugin on your website.

From your explanation, you want to track all the activities of contacts on your website and on which exact page they submit a form and from these trigger some workflows. Since you're using HubSpot forms embedded on your website, you should name each of these forms accordingly, so you can know which form a contact has interacted with. You will see all this information in the contact records once you have the plugin installed. 

If you need to redirect a contact to another external landing page after they have submitted a HubSpot form that's embedded on your website, you can do this while creating the form. From the form tab, navigate to "options", select "Redirect to another page" -> "Add external link" and paste the URL of your preferred external landing page there.

form.PNG

Let me know if this helps and if you have other questions or need further clarification.

PS: Thanks @MiaSrebrnjak for the invite.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

karimalvizo

SOLVE

Thanks for the info! However, I already have the plug-in installed in my WordPress website and I am aware that I can track the contact's activity and how to redirect the end-user to a confirmation page after submitting a form.

I may not have explained it better... but what I am trying to do is: To capture either the page title or URL of my WordPress page IN a form hidden field. The data (WordPress page title) is there... somewhere, because I can see it in the contact's feed in HubSpot and I also get the data in the email notification. I just don't know how to capture it in a hidden field.

😞  

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @karimalvizo! Thanks @MiaSrebrnjak for the referral!

I don't think there is a cut and dry solution here. You may need to parse some knowledge together and do some trial and error. I'll show you what I found and what I was thinking about.

I know there is this solution and I've used it: Auto-populate form fields with a query string (hubspot.com)

So one idea is to build your page URLs with a query string that could get passed along with the form. Though...I've not done this with a form that is not on a Hubspot page, so this is a theory that needs tested.

Going off of the idea that it is possible to pass data to a form via a string, I found another form builder asking the same question and perhaps this coversation can give you more insight: How do I capture the page title and URL? | Community (typeform.com). It's not Hubspot but they have a similar conversation and talk about the code that could be involved in a solution. 

That being said, this article shows another form builder who made this functionality possible for their users: Capture the Page URL Where the Form is Embedded (jotform.com)

This could also be a good entry for the Ideas Board to request that Hubspot build this in for all their users as the solution appears to need at least some coding knowledge.

karimalvizo

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I'd like to track the page URL on the contact records and on the form submission.

We have one "universal" form that is embedded in multiple landing pages of our WordPress website. Our goal is to be able to automate associating the right product to the contact record based on the landing page URL the form submission was originated from. We want to avoid having too many forms in too many pages on our website. 

With that in mind, we can create contact lists based on form submissions, create and track performanc eof landing pages, create dashboards, etc. 

Thanks for your reply - looking forward to your recommendations. 🙂

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Got it, thank you for the detailed explanation @karimalvizo!

I wanted to ask a couple of lead generation experts for help: 

hi @Crystal_Hopper@Mike_Eastwood@BukunmiOdetayo, do you have any advice for @karimalvizo regarding form management? Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @karimalvizo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Where would you like to track the page URL? On the contact records or on the form submission dashboard in HubSpot? 

Can you also tell us what your goal is with this request? Do you wish to create a contact list based on form submissions or track the performance of specific pages with the embedded form? 

Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings