Lead Capture Tools

ericdodds

How to connect collected forms fields to contact properties

SOLVE

I'm nearly done integrating HubSpot with our Salesforce instance, but would love to sync certain HubSpot Contact fields from forms to Activity Fields in Salesforce tasks via the Engagements --> Tasks syncing feature. 

Currently, all of the information that comes through from HubSpot fields is added to the comments section in Salesforce tasks. 

I'm wondering if this is possible based on the fact that currently, I don't see the Activity Fields present in the Salesforce integration settings in HubSpot. Alternatively, it could be a setting on the Salesforce side, which I'd have to discuss with our Salesforce administrator. 

Has anyone looked into this issue before? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ericdodds, thanks for reaching out!

I want to confirm a couple of things with you:

Could you clarify how the contact fields you are referring to are arriving into HubSpot?

You mention Collected Forms in your post title. Are you looking to sync Collected Forms fields from HubSpot to Salesforce? If so, here is a clarification on how collected form fields are synced to HubSpot:

• Email, First Name, Last Name and Phone Number fields in the submission are intelligently mapped to the default HubSpot properties for those 4 fields
  • For any other field on the form (Company Name for example) we create a new Company Name text property to store this information in, the internal name will look something like 'leadin_company_name_{encoded-name}'. This is currently the case as Leadin cannot efficiently map to all different field types (number, date, dropdown, etc) so in order to store the submission it creates sandboxed properties

You also mention that "all of the information that comes through from HubSpot fields is added to the comments section in Salesforce tasks". Could you clarify how this is set up? I don't believe I've seen such a setup before, so as much detail as possible would be appreciated. 

Finally, it is possible to sync tasks to Salesforce. I must admit that I'm not a salesforce expert, so I'm not familiar with the difference between Tasks and Activites in Salesforce.

Thanks for the help,

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ericdodds, thanks for reaching out!

I want to confirm a couple of things with you:

Could you clarify how the contact fields you are referring to are arriving into HubSpot?

You mention Collected Forms in your post title. Are you looking to sync Collected Forms fields from HubSpot to Salesforce? If so, here is a clarification on how collected form fields are synced to HubSpot:

• Email, First Name, Last Name and Phone Number fields in the submission are intelligently mapped to the default HubSpot properties for those 4 fields
  • For any other field on the form (Company Name for example) we create a new Company Name text property to store this information in, the internal name will look something like 'leadin_company_name_{encoded-name}'. This is currently the case as Leadin cannot efficiently map to all different field types (number, date, dropdown, etc) so in order to store the submission it creates sandboxed properties

You also mention that "all of the information that comes through from HubSpot fields is added to the comments section in Salesforce tasks". Could you clarify how this is set up? I don't believe I've seen such a setup before, so as much detail as possible would be appreciated. 

Finally, it is possible to sync tasks to Salesforce. I must admit that I'm not a salesforce expert, so I'm not familiar with the difference between Tasks and Activites in Salesforce.

Thanks for the help,

May

0 Upvotes
ericdodds

SOLVE

Hey @MayPascaud

Thanks so much for the insight. I was able to connect with support and unfortunately what I'm trying to do isn't possible with the standard Salesforce integration. Looks like I'll have to do some customizing on the Salesforce end to make it happen. 

—Eric

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Thank you for letting me know Eric, and best of luck!

May

0 Upvotes