Lead Capture Tools

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

How to build this? Attach Custom Objects to Deal based on form submission

Really curious if I can build something like this! Here's my situation:

Some business context: The business buys, refurbishes and re-sells heavy industrial machines. That means every sold piece of equipment is unique: each has its own mileage, state of use, etc. and also its own Machine ID.

The website of this business lists the available stock and is updated daily. We're preparing to move to Hubspot Enterprise, so we'll be able to store these machines in their own Custom Object. 

Customers can request a quote of a machine by submitting a simple form. Each submission of this form should create a new Open Deal for reps to work with as well. This is the easy part. The machine page links to the Quote request form page, passing the Machine ID as a query string parameter. It ends up in a hidden form field and in Hubspot that way. Form submission is a trigger for Deal creation, and I can list the Machine ID(s) on the Deal. Easy peasy.

But here's where it gets challenging. I'd like to save the Sales reps the trouble of manually looking up and linking the appropriate Machines in the CO to the Deal. So what I want to do is create a new Deal when a quote request form is submitted, that is linked to the corresponding Machine(s) in the Custom Object, using the Machine ID(s) submitted in the form.

This is where I get stuck. We don't have Enterprise yet, so I mimicked the situation (presumably) by running a workflow that creates a new Company with associated Contacts that are picked by reading them from a Contact Property. I couldn't find a way to do this. 

Bob2245_1-1614163953044.png

Bob2245_0-1614163625871.png

I suppose I can simply list the Machine IDs in a Deal field, but I'd really like to save the Sales rep the trouble of having to manually look up and link the Machines.

Can anyone think of a way to do what I want to do here?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
brookehurford

We need this desperately. We are running a two sided market place, and contacts can be attached to multiple deals. However when they fill out forms it updates every deal they are connected to - completely breaking down the entire process.

I was hoping to lean on Deal ID, but have yet to find a solution where someone could submit a form, enter the Deal ID and attach it to a deal based on this.

Please help! Any ideas are welcome!

0 Upvotes
mblessed

please how can i build qualitative links for websites?Go Tv      Nivea  Electrical Engineer In Lagos  Contact  pregnacy pillow 

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bob2245 

Thank you for the information provided,

I'll tag a few experts that can share their thoughts with you. 

Hey @Josh @rikkilear @Dan1 do you have any suggestions about this?

Thanks

Sharon 

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @Bob2245,

I like your thought process here, but I am not seeing a clear path to making this association happen automatically.

If someone else has a solution, I'd love to hear it because I have a couple of clients that could benefit from this setup as well!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer