Lead Capture Tools

PriscilaBrandao
Contributor

How to Generate a Unique Code with each Form Submission

SOLVE

Hello!

Currently we are using non-HubSpot forms for our quote forms on our website, one of the particularities of those forms is that each time there is a submission, a code is created in the ----------------- Format [3 letter service code, Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second] and currently I cannot find a way to do this with HubSpot forms. These codes are used in the follow-up email to our clients that submitted the form and internally for our project managers to keep track of the project.

Would you kindly let me know if there is a way to do this?

Thank you in advance,

Priscila Brandão

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
PriscilaBrandao
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Bryantworks maybe it could work, though to be honest it would probably be easier to just make new forms in HubSpot, we will have to see what that entails. 

In relation to my first question, we have started looking into HubSpot deals IDs, they are all different so it could work, the format would be different but it would still work. We will keep testing that too!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @PriscilaBrandao 

While I don't think you could use a timestamp (though someone has suggested it as an idea), you could do something like this with a workflow to set a datestamp so a user knows:

Add custom datetimestamp _ HubSpot - Google Chrome 2019-03-19 12.00.44.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
0 Upvotes
PriscilaBrandao
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Bryantworks, thank you for your fast reply!

I have tried doing as you have suggested but the "Set a date stamp" doesn't appear in my workflows. Do you know what Hub/permission I perhaps am missing on? Currently, we are Marketing and Sales Professional.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Sure thing @PriscilaBrandao !

Sorry, I could've explained myself a bit more.  What I did was create a new property "Test date" and then set its type as a Datepicker.  This will allow you to use the "Set a contact property" step in a HubSpot workflow.  

If you're still a bit unclear I was able to record a quick video on how I did so here:

https://www.useloom.com/share/0bc91c80d1974636ad20507d6eb06eeb

(apologies for no audio, you should still be able to follow along!)

0 Upvotes
PriscilaBrandao
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi again, @Bryantworks ! Also, thank you for the video!

I have tried doing that, unfortunately, it really just sets the date, and since we receive several quote requests per day for the same services it really wouldn't work, we really need the hour and minute as well.

Thank you for the help!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @PriscilaBrandao, of course!  Apologies for no audio.

Ahh I understand the issue.  By chance is the quote form collected in your hubspot account via their embed tracker?  If so, that information might be stored in HubSpot already, though likely as a "single-line text" so it can't be sorted/filtered very well.  But just looking at other options!

0 Upvotes
PriscilaBrandao
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, @Bryantworks. It was fine even without the audio, thank you really!

Unfortunately, the forms are appearing very oddly on HubSpot, perhaps because of all the code it has. The answers appear as the questions, code appears as the question and some answers appear as questions as well.

form.PNG

This is one of the reasons we wanted to start using only HubSpot, that and all the automation that we can use because of it.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @PriscilaBrandao,

That is very strange.  I wonder if the tool you're using for the forms has an integration with HS to more accurately send over the information via API.  Could you tell me the tool you're using?

0 Upvotes
PriscilaBrandao
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @Bryantworks , sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, the forms were done by another company so I don't know what tool they were built with. 

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

@PriscilaBrandao Ah, I understand.  I wonder if that's a special webhook via Zapier you could try to work on with a developer to create?

0 Upvotes
PriscilaBrandao
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@Bryantworks maybe it could work, though to be honest it would probably be easier to just make new forms in HubSpot, we will have to see what that entails. 

In relation to my first question, we have started looking into HubSpot deals IDs, they are all different so it could work, the format would be different but it would still work. We will keep testing that too!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

@PriscilaBrandao Great, glad you might've found a solution!

0 Upvotes
PriscilaBrandao
Contributor

SOLVE

@Bryantworks Thank you! I'm going to close the thread now. Thank you for your help in this topic. It was a pleasure to e-meet you!

Have a lovely day!

0 Upvotes