Lead Capture Tools

LoraBergeron
Contributor

How do I turn off "contact reconversion" notifications when a form is submitted?

SOLVE

I current have a form collecting information from customers and have to set up to notify me when a customer submits the form.  This is working great, except occassionaly I get the form submission notification and well as a duplicate "contact recoverstion" notification.  This is creating a problem because tickets are created (in an outside source) every time an email is recevied. And sometimes we are receiving 2 emails for the same submission.  How can I turn off the "recoversion" one?

Thanks in advance for help.

1 Accepted solution
LoraBergeron
Solution
Contributor

How do I turn off "contact reconversion" notifications when a form is submitted?

SOLVE

Thanks.  I chatted with Support and they helped me figure it out.  I'll post their response here in case someone else runs into this.

"These notifications occur when a contact fills out the same form twice while a user is subscribed to receive these alerts through the form settings, page settings, or a workflow. There isn't a specific setting to set up a reconversion notification. HubSpot just adds 'reconversion' in the title of the notification email to let you know that the contact has submitted a form before. We aren't able to turn these off directly, however there is a good workaround:

As a workaround, you could turn off the submission notifications from the form and page settings and use a workflow instead. With a workflow sending form submission notifications, you can choose not to enable re-enrollment in the trigger so contacts will only be able to enroll once. That will mean no reconversion notifications will be sent out to the users included."

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LoraBergeron
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks.  I chatted with Support and they helped me figure it out.  I'll post their response here in case someone else runs into this.

"These notifications occur when a contact fills out the same form twice while a user is subscribed to receive these alerts through the form settings, page settings, or a workflow. There isn't a specific setting to set up a reconversion notification. HubSpot just adds 'reconversion' in the title of the notification email to let you know that the contact has submitted a form before. We aren't able to turn these off directly, however there is a good workaround:

As a workaround, you could turn off the submission notifications from the form and page settings and use a workflow instead. With a workflow sending form submission notifications, you can choose not to enable re-enrollment in the trigger so contacts will only be able to enroll once. That will mean no reconversion notifications will be sent out to the users included."

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @LoraBergeron !

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @LoraBergeron 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is strange, the form notification would say 'reconversion' when the contact already submitted a form on your website, but I do not expect you to receive a duplicate. I'm wondering if this could be that one notification is coming from a workflow or something like that. I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and examples for this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes