Lead Capture Tools

AStuder

How do I send form submissions to an external 3rd party based on a form field?

We are generating leads for some of our vendors and want to forward those leads (with their permission of course) to those vendors for direct follow up (the 3rd party entity would hire those leads, not us). 

I know how to create the workflow and the email - the part I'm struggling with is getting the field information to populate into the email that would go to that 3rd party. 

I can't use the built in form submission notification because they'll go to different vendors based on their location (example - if they fill out the form AND they're in California, they'll go to vendor 1, if they're in Colorado, they'll go to vendor 2, etc.). I need to use the form fields as the personlization tokens in the email that goes to the vendor. At least that's what I think I need to do. 

I feel like I'm missing something simple.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Alex_Elborn
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @AStuder , could you set up the 3rd party as a HubSpot user with limited permissions? Then you could send an internal email notification based on the form being submitted AND the location.

Alex Elborn

Marketing Manager

Intergage

01202 684 009
aelborn@intergage.co.uk
marketing-engineers.co.uk

Create Your Own Free Signature

footer
AStuder

I thought about that too, but there are just too many of them.

Just yesterday (the day after posting this) I received an email from Hubspot telling me that it wouldn't be possible to do this anymore after the 13th of July anyway so I guess it's a pointless question now anyway.

Thanks for helping!

0 Upvotes
Alex_Elborn

Alternatively, you could set up a workflow to send an internal marketing email to these email addresses. That way they don't have to be HubSpot users 🙂

footer