Does anyone know if this is possible?

2 Accepted solutions
CasperOng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How do I create a multi-step form?

SOLVE

HubSpot forms are designed to be one-page, single-step forms. However, there are two workarounds that may meet your use-case.

Create multiple pages and redirect form submissions to the next step

Using pages in HubSpot (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise only)

Please note: subsequent submissions will only be associated with the same contact if the visitor has cookies enabled. To ensure the subsequent submissions update to the same contact record, include the default Email field for the forms on all steps.

• Add this form to your second page and set up a redirect upon a form submission to the next page.
  • Repeat the steps to create, add, and redirect forms until you've redirected to the final thank you page.

Using external pages

• Embed this form on your first page.
  • Create a new form with the second set of questions.

Please note: subsequent submissions will only be associated with the same contact if the visitor has cookies enabled. To ensure the subsequent submissions update to the same contact record, include the default Email field for the forms on all steps.

• Embed this form on your second page.
  • Repeat the steps to create, redirect, and embed forms until you've redirected to the final thank you page.

Use dependent fields (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, and Enterprise only)

Use dependent fields to display new fields based on a response to another field. Visitors will remain on the same page, but will see additional fields as they fill out the form depending on their responses.

Please note: you can have one level of depth with your questions; however, you can have multiple dependency rules. For example, if a visitor selects United States as their country, you could display city, state, and zip code as dependent fields. If a visitor selects Canada as their country, you could display city, province, and postcode as dependent fields instead.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
karanjalendere

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
karanjalendere

SOLVE

For Creating Multi step form in hubspot either you can customize the CSS and js or another option is to use a third party app like https://formmaker.co.in/

also attaching demo video of this app so you will get an idea how this form works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1fDvrcNJks

for more information contact me on info@ecoweb.ca

0 Upvotes
formcrafts
Participant

SOLVE

Anonymous,

As you may have figured out by now - it isn't possible to create native multi-step forms in HubSpot forms right now. If wanted to stick with HubSpot forms no matter what you could create a series of forms and link them via redirects. This is inefficient and not very intuitive.

If you are open to using third-party tools I'd recommend trying out FormCrafts, which has support for native multi-step forms and an excellent HubSpot integration:

https://formcrafts.com/guides/hubspot-forms

(I am the founder of FormCrafts)

MHarvey643
Participant

SOLVE

Awesome tool. Very easy to use -- well done.  Does this collect responses on abandoned forms? (i.g. someone drops off on page 2)   Cheers

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

No third party tools required search the HubSpot marketplae and there are several HubSpot multi-step form module available that all work natively in HubSpot with no redirecting.  Self promoting your products is fine, but please do not use misinformation when doing it.

0 Upvotes
AChu2
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, do you know which templates these are? Interested. 

0 Upvotes
wchouwmx
Participant

SOLVE

Our company created a simple, intuitive, easy to use multi-step form creator for HubSpot users. We're rolling it out to beta testers. Check it out and see how this HubSpot multistepform wizard works yourself here.

-With love, Will Chou
nikolasmrg

SOLVE

Hi @wchouwmx,

Can you please let me know how can I get this tool? 

Best, 

Nikolas

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

We have one pending approval in the market place right now but it works.

https://www.larmahil.com/hubspot-multi-step-form

0 Upvotes
CasperOng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

HubSpot forms are designed to be one-page, single-step forms. However, there are two workarounds that may meet your use-case.

Create multiple pages and redirect form submissions to the next step

Using pages in HubSpot (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise only)

Please note: subsequent submissions will only be associated with the same contact if the visitor has cookies enabled. To ensure the subsequent submissions update to the same contact record, include the default Email field for the forms on all steps.

• Add this form to your second page and set up a redirect upon a form submission to the next page.
  • Repeat the steps to create, add, and redirect forms until you've redirected to the final thank you page.

Using external pages

• Embed this form on your first page.
  • Create a new form with the second set of questions.

Please note: subsequent submissions will only be associated with the same contact if the visitor has cookies enabled. To ensure the subsequent submissions update to the same contact record, include the default Email field for the forms on all steps.

• Embed this form on your second page.
  • Repeat the steps to create, redirect, and embed forms until you've redirected to the final thank you page.

Use dependent fields (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, and Enterprise only)

Use dependent fields to display new fields based on a response to another field. Visitors will remain on the same page, but will see additional fields as they fill out the form depending on their responses.

Please note: you can have one level of depth with your questions; however, you can have multiple dependency rules. For example, if a visitor selects United States as their country, you could display city, state, and zip code as dependent fields. If a visitor selects Canada as their country, you could display city, province, and postcode as dependent fields instead.

TomChiangMai

SOLVE

Thank you for this, CasperOng.  Am I correct that the first form field on each page will ask the user to enter their email again?  So if the form is three pages long, we will ask them to provide their email three times?  Is it impossible to overcome this inelegance?

0 Upvotes
CasperOng
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Sadly, at the moment, I believe this is the case. However, if they've accepted cookies, this should be auto-filled for them on each page since they filled it in the first page.

benoite
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way I can add a dynamic query string prepolulating the email address field of the 2nd form with the email I address entered in the first form/page

page1

enter your email address + submit

upon submission redirect to:

page2?email = {{contact.email}}

0 Upvotes
darshakconcetto

SOLVE

Hello. 

I tried the instructions you asked to follow but it did not work. I tried below

page1

enter your email address + submit

upon submission redirect to:

page2?email = {{contact.email}}

Can you share a screenshot or an example where you implemented this?

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi Beniote I don't believe you were directing this question at me, but I just want you to know if your use our Multi-step form from the marketplace you do not need more than 1 page or more than 1 form.