Lead Capture Tools

Ari_1987
Participant

How can i make a shorter form for current contacts

SOLVE

Hi!

I'm running online events weekly so I put up a form per event for individuals to registered.

Its a 8 question form that allows me to qualify this leads. But I feel I'm bothering those who continuosly want to participate in the events by asking the same question every week.

Is there a way that the form shows itself completely the first time and after that submission everytime they write the same email it doesn't ask any more questions?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Ari_1987 

You can do this is you have Marketing Hub Pro, or above, by making form fields progressive. 

When you make some of your form fields progressive, but do not prepare any queued questions to replace them, they will be removed on subsequent visits. 

More info here: Use progressive profiling in forms

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Phil_Vallender  all progressive fields will actually still work when a HubSpot form is embedded on an external site as long as the HubSpot tracking code is present. 

We need to track the user through a cookie, so without the tracking code present on the external page we have no way to drop a cookie and can't tell they are a user who has submit the form before. @AR  have you embedded the HubSpot tracking code on your website?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Ari_1987 

You can do this is you have Marketing Hub Pro, or above, by making form fields progressive. 

When you make some of your form fields progressive, but do not prepare any queued questions to replace them, they will be removed on subsequent visits. 

More info here: Use progressive profiling in forms

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Ari_1987
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Again... i made a test but it doesn't really work.

In the Style/Preview it looks as it supposed, but when I go the the registration page, the form shows all the fields, even after writing the already registered email field.

Any suggestion?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @Ari_1987 

I should have also checked - is your registration form/page hosted on HubSpot? If not, your smart form will not work - at present. 

Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Phil_Vallender  all progressive fields will actually still work when a HubSpot form is embedded on an external site as long as the HubSpot tracking code is present. 

We need to track the user through a cookie, so without the tracking code present on the external page we have no way to drop a cookie and can't tell they are a user who has submit the form before. @AR  have you embedded the HubSpot tracking code on your website?

Kapil_Arora
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Ari_1987 

It works based on the cookie, even if you are using the registered email id. HubSpot should find the cookie in the browser and based on that it will act. 

The progressive profiling will work for the known leads to HubSpot. HubSpot tracks the contacts based on the cookies and if the contacts whose information is already in the system and the cookie is available will see only the fields which are missing. 

HubSpot can track the contact (drop the cookie) only if:

1. The person has filled any HubSpot form earlier
  2. Clicked on a link in the HubSpot email

If you are testing the progressive profiling, I would suggest first try with some contact who has already filled in form earlier or clicked a link on the HubSpot email. You can do it yourself and try, it should work. 

If this helps, please mark this as a solution to your problem, that will help other users who are facing the same problem, to seek help from this discussion. 

Regards,

Kapil Arora

Ari_1987
Participant

SOLVE
That's great, I have to then make all fields (except email) progressive but leave no fields queueing. I never thought of that!
Cheers!
0 Upvotes