Lead Capture Tools

ATucker
Participante

How can I randomize the options on a dropdown select form field?

resolver

Hello Hubspot community! The "request a demo" form on our website includes a dropdown select field where users can tell us which product feature they are most interested in. We have noticed over time, that the first option on the dropdown list, is the most popular selection. 

We suspect this is just because it's at the top and the easiest to select. We'd like to test this by randomizing the order of the dropdown options to see if this affects which option is the most selected. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this?

Thanks!

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @ATucker,

There aren't any options to test differently sorted dropdown options against each other, unfortunately.

Depending on your subscription level, there are two options.

You could run the test yourself by defining a time frame (e.g. a month) and putting different options as the first, second, third etc. After each variation, you would take note of how often the option was selected. You could then use one of the many statistical significance calculators on the web to check if the order of the options makes an actual difference.

Alternatively, if you're on a Marketing Hub Professional subscription or higher, you could create two versions of your landing page with a unique form each, with different sorting. With an A/B test, HubSpot would then take care of the testing. You'd have to run multiple tests to check all sortings.

As far as sorting the options goes, I'd recommend you change the order right within the forms editor. By clicking on the dropdown, the left sidebar should open and you can re-arrange the options by clicking on the 2x6 dots:

karstenkoehler_0-1636523356286.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @ATucker,

There aren't any options to test differently sorted dropdown options against each other, unfortunately.

Depending on your subscription level, there are two options.

You could run the test yourself by defining a time frame (e.g. a month) and putting different options as the first, second, third etc. After each variation, you would take note of how often the option was selected. You could then use one of the many statistical significance calculators on the web to check if the order of the options makes an actual difference.

Alternatively, if you're on a Marketing Hub Professional subscription or higher, you could create two versions of your landing page with a unique form each, with different sorting. With an A/B test, HubSpot would then take care of the testing. You'd have to run multiple tests to check all sortings.

As far as sorting the options goes, I'd recommend you change the order right within the forms editor. By clicking on the dropdown, the left sidebar should open and you can re-arrange the options by clicking on the 2x6 dots:

karstenkoehler_0-1636523356286.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @ATucker ,

We have a provision to make the options custom or in alphabetical order while we create a property in hubspot. We can always edit this in our portal. 

Go to settings > properties > select the property you want to edit > done !

Here's a short video for this : https://www.loom.com/share/5d405d93519b4d5abe048ed1af4112ea

Then when we use the property in the forms the options in the dropdown will be custom.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Avaliação positiva