Lead Capture Tools

Gens

Hidden fields in Pop Up Forms

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'd like to ask just the email address while tracking other Contact information in the background (e.g. interests based on the web page the Pop-up form is shown).

Any chance to use hidden fields in Pop Up form just like done in the Forms?

Thanks 

1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Gens 

From my experience the Pop-up forms are limited in what you can do.

If you have Marketing Pro you could set up a Workflow that adds Contacts to a List based and/or set a Custom Property on Form Submission.

Alternately you could embed a HubSpot Form, with a hidden field, in another Pop-up widget (depending on your website).

What website Content Management System (CMS) do you use?

Which version of HubSpot do you use?

-Mike

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
JSecrist
Participant

SOLVE

Upvoted this feature request.

0 Upvotes
filipg
Contributor

SOLVE

This is still a pain point. My client is on Marketing Starter and is definitely not going to upgrade to 10k+ Professional just to create a workflow that should already be solved via hidden fields.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @filipg and others in this thread

I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
GreggTurek

SOLVE

I agree. I would love to see hidden fields incorporated into pop-up forms. This would be especially useful for pop-ups for things like event or webinar registrations.

Gregg

0 Upvotes
SarahAdell
Contributor

SOLVE

Looking for the same thing!

0 Upvotes
Andreas
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I support this!

Unfortunately, it seems as the pop-up functionality is not given priority by the product development department. It's got such a great potential, but the fact that it lacks so many basic features, and has beeing so since it's arrival in HubSpot, is kinda frustrating..

Andreas Kirkeberg
0 Upvotes
Rolf
Contributor

SOLVE

Hidden fields in pop-up forms should be standard functionality. Even with Marketing Enterprise the only solution is creating a workflow, which should be absolutely unnecessary. This is error prone and a waste of time. I hope HubSpot will fix this in the near future.

Rob-NWB
Participant

SOLVE

This is absolutely a fundamental flaw in the process. Creating a workflow is more work than necessary and, as pointed out, rife for errors.

Additionally, the option to NOT have a form on a popup would be ideal too.  Just a button and a notice. That increases the diversity of this tool 1000%

Shame...

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Gens 

From my experience the Pop-up forms are limited in what you can do.

If you have Marketing Pro you could set up a Workflow that adds Contacts to a List based and/or set a Custom Property on Form Submission.

Alternately you could embed a HubSpot Form, with a hidden field, in another Pop-up widget (depending on your website).

What website Content Management System (CMS) do you use?

Which version of HubSpot do you use?

-Mike

0 Upvotes
Gens

SOLVE

Hi Mike, 

thanks for your advice, I guess the HubSpot Workflow is the best solution unfortunately, my Hubspot Free plan doesn't support that; as a workaround, I've been used a ZAP workflow so far.

I was looking for a cleaner solution. 

As you suggest I may use a pop up plug in in my Wordpress website and embed a HubSpot Form in there.

Thanks 

Marco