Lead Capture Tools

agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Heads Up: Update to Forms Field Label Styling

Hi everyone,

We've recently improved the experience of styling form labels so you no longer have to use custom HTML to make your field labels bold, italicized, underlined, or hyperlinked. As part of this update, we'll no longer support adding custom HTML to a field label. 

If you are currently using HTML in your form field label to make the label text bold, italicized, underlined or hyperlinked, you're all set -- we will automatically convert this styling into the new rich text editor format. HTML used for other purposes, such as changing the text color, size, or adding a custom script to the form, will no longer be supported after July 15. In between now and July 15, we ask that you update any forms using custom HTML for those purposes so you can maintain control over your forms styling. 

Feel free to read more about this update here, and post any questions you might have below.

Thanks!

- Alex

5 Replies 5
RichardD

Hi Alex,

I've prepared for the HTML to be removed from the labels, but finding that the date has changed from 15th July to 22nd July, and now still hasn't happened. Do you know a definitive date for the changeover? This would help as we can test on the day when it happens.

Thanks!

- Richard

0 Upvotes
agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @RichardD 

We actually just implemented this change in product yesterday (July 24). I apologize for not updating this thread and keeping you posted on this change here.

If you run into any issues as you test your forms, please reach out here -- we'd be happy to help in any way we can.

Best,

Alex

0 Upvotes
RichardD

Hi @agirard ,

No problem! Thank you for the heads up of the change happening.

I'm still seeing the original label field without the editor, and can still put in any html I like:

label-test.png

Is this where the change is happening, or am I in the wrong spot?

Many thanks,

- Rich

0 Upvotes
Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @RichardD thanks for your patience on the issue here. The job to migrate labels custom HTML into our new rich text editor took us a bit longer than expected to run, we wanted to be sure we did this right before running the job so ensured we did a number of checks. 

The job to migrate these finished on the 24th as Alex mentioned, however we have been running tests on this to ensure everything migrated since. As of this morning (26th) we have ungated our new rich text editor to all of our customers. You will now see this within your form field options as expected. 

Thanks again for your patience with this! 

0 Upvotes
RichardD

Great - thanks @Tom  Yes, the changes have appeared now, and I've tested to make sure everything is ok! Thanks for letting me know.

Hopefully this will be great for the rest of the community to know too that the changes are live.

Thanks again,

- Rich

0 Upvotes