Lead Capture Tools

RJ-ENQZ
Participant

Having issues receiving files through Hubspot's native forms.

I have two problems with the Native HubSpot forms. 

I have created a form where the end user can upload files to me.

These files are in audio format (WAV) averaging 70MB in size.

*The first problem is that when they submit the form (click submit) the form doesn't provide any feed back about it being loading, uploading, sending, etc.  So the end user gets confused.

*Second problem is that when they get to send the form, I have problems accesing the file.  The page just keeps spinning and the file won't load or be visible.

I tried a workaround...  I installed Forminator and used the HubSpot integration.

Forminator does have a "Sending..." message wich dissapears when the form is sent to me.

However, even if the form is completed and sent, I am unable to access the file in HubSpot.  I can see the submission, I can access the info, I see the file link, but it will not load or download at all.

In order for me to access the files, I had to unlink the HubSpot integration with Forminator and access them directly in Forminator.  It would be nice to handle everything within Hubspot.

Any thoguhts or suggestions?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @RJ-ENQZ 

It's been years over a decade since I last built a File Upload form with a progress bar. I did a quick search and I can't see any WordPress Plugins that have a progress bar - odd. 

If you're skilled with PHP and JQuery you could build your own... but that may not seem like fun for you?

Also, if you pass your Contact from the Meeting Scheduler to the Upload Form... there's probably some user data from the form you could use in a hidden field in the Upload Form.

Sorry if you're not a developer - this isn't easy and doesn't seem to be commonly available.

Mike

p.s. if you need something building then send me a message and we can meet on Zoom

Mike_Eastwood

Hi @RJ-ENQZ 

These days 70MB doesn't seem big... but it is from a user and server perspective.

I would use a non-HubSpot form – with an upload progress bar – so the form can send the data to HubSpot while the file is loading. Then, when the file hits the server, I would send a link to the file to HubSpot (rather than the actual file). That way the user gets the best experience and so does your team.

Remember, you may want to keep the file confidential so a public URL to access the file isn't ideal.

Have fun

Mike

RJ-ENQZ
Participant

Thank you for your response. I am not sure if I can completely understood the process.  I will keep using Forminator for now. Usually, these clients are already captured through a meeting scheduler. 

0 Upvotes
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @RJ-ENQZ , 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I wanted to tag in some of our experts in on this @andrus@Mike_Eastwood and @StefaniUAT . The would be able to have some insight on this. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
RJ-ENQZ
Participant

Hello Jennifer, much appreciated. Hopefully we can sort this out. 

0 Upvotes