Lead Capture Tools

fpena
Contributeur

Global change of notification email address

Résolue

Whenever a form is submitted we use the internal notification feature to provide notice of an incoming lead. In order to simplify efforts though we often use the same form but just change the notifications within the individual pages themselves. 

So in other words the form is basic but the notifications are customized per page where the form appears. 

So given this configuration how would I go about changing a particular email address that needs to be updated across all of these pages? As it stands now I'm having to go in manually and change them on each page where the form appears. Is this my only option or is there an easier approach? 

Thank you!

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

What you describe here is among the top-3 reasons NOT to use HubSpot built-in form notifications. Our options are ...

- A - Step through every form and manually make the change.
Lower up-front 'cost', but isn't scalable and leaves us in the same predicament we're in now.

- B - Take this opportunity to setup a workflow (or workflows) to manage form notifications based on various factors -- e.g., page on which each form lives, fields selected at form submission time, notification email addresses, etc..
Higher up-front cost, but uber-scalable and much easier to maintain once constructed.

Good luck and have a great weekend.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

What you describe here is among the top-3 reasons NOT to use HubSpot built-in form notifications. Our options are ...

- A - Step through every form and manually make the change.
Lower up-front 'cost', but isn't scalable and leaves us in the same predicament we're in now.

- B - Take this opportunity to setup a workflow (or workflows) to manage form notifications based on various factors -- e.g., page on which each form lives, fields selected at form submission time, notification email addresses, etc..
Higher up-front cost, but uber-scalable and much easier to maintain once constructed.

Good luck and have a great weekend.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
fpena
Contributeur

Résolue

Thank you for the response!

Neither option sounds easy or able to automate, but that's what I figured which is why I posted. 

I appreciate the recommendation though as I was thinking of a way to set this up with scalability in mind, the second solution you outlined is perfect. Thanks again, much appreciated!

0 Votes