Forms need to be able to simultaneously download content AND direct to a thank you landing page

JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

In terms of user experience, I feel it is a significant flaw of Hubspot in that it does not allow form submission to result in automatic gated content downloads while redirecting the contact to the thank you landing page.

The current format either results in two less than ideal scenarios:

replacing the page form page with the content - therefore no thank you landing page

directing to a thank you page with no download - requiring a further click to download content

in an ideal world for the contacts user experience (and in place in other platforms) the option to do both would be in place.

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @JoeDavies

All of those possible variations are probably desirable in certain circumstances.

You can configure a thank you page to trigger an automatic download after loading, using javascript, if that helps. 

Good luck.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Hey @Phil_Vallender, I agree that all 3 will have their uses, it's probably not a complex bit of code and one I could maybe even find online, but it would be nice to be able to do this within HubSpot without having to involve the dev team!

0 Upvotes