Lead Capture Tools

BGervan
Participant

Forms Fields

SOLVE

Is there any way to a have a field, or group of fields not show up if a contact selects a certain option in a field above?

For example,  we try to identify contact type (Retailer, Solution Provider, analyst, etc) and in the form we are progressive profiling.  However if they dont choose Retailer or Analyst, there is really no reason for us to progressive profile them as they will not be buyers of our product.   So what i want to do is not progressive profile once that field is picked.  

Is this possible?

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms Fields

SOLVE

Hi @BGervan, thanks for reaching out!

Though it would not be possible for you to enable or disable progressive profiling on your forms based on a contact's answer to a specific form field, you could use dependent form fields to accomplish a similar goal. Instead of queuing up your answer in progressive profiling, you could add dependent fields to the Contact Type field, which would show more fields if the contact selects Retailer or Analyst. This should allow you to narrow down the information based on your audience.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any more questions!

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms Fields

SOLVE

Hi @BGervan, thanks for reaching out!

Though it would not be possible for you to enable or disable progressive profiling on your forms based on a contact's answer to a specific form field, you could use dependent form fields to accomplish a similar goal. Instead of queuing up your answer in progressive profiling, you could add dependent fields to the Contact Type field, which would show more fields if the contact selects Retailer or Analyst. This should allow you to narrow down the information based on your audience.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any more questions!

May

0 Upvotes
jknapp
Contributor

Forms Fields

SOLVE

I am trying to do something similar here.
We don't sell direct but we do provide support. I'm getting quite a few submissions on my contact form from end users that should really be going to the support funnel. 

So when they select a specific role I would like to display a message directing them to support and remove the remaining fields on the form.

I have tried to use dependencies but the rich text module does not stick to hidden fields when used.