Lead Capture Tools

digilockhub

Forms API and Saleforce Country Codes

SOLVE

Hello,

My setup is when a HS Contact is created then a SF Lead is created. My contact form is not hosted on HS so I'm using the Forms API. I've built the form in HS and can get to work but I'm getting PickList errors on some of the the two character country codes.  My Select HTML element mimics what SF has so I just pass the selected value via JSON. It seems to work but certain country codes throw a synch error stated below:

"The state or country values for this HubSpot property don't match what's in Salesforce. To fix: Please make the properties in HubSpot a dropdown select and check that the values match the options in Salesforce."

Do I need an actual dropdown select in my HS Form? Seems like this shouldn't be necessary. If so, how does one make a dropdown efficiently with so many options.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @digilockhub.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes, you can use the Load options... button when editing a mutliple checkboxes, radio select, or dropdown select-type property and choose from a preselected group of options or paste your own options in (e.g. from a CSV).

See this screen recording of what this looks like within a dropdown select property.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @digilockhub.

The sync error recommendation does refer to making whichever HubSpot "country" property you are syncing with Salesforce a dropdown select field. By default, though, HubSpot's "Country/Region" contact property (internal name: country) is a dropdown select field. Are you syncing a different field?

It looks like you opened a support ticket pertaining to similar sync errors with my support colleague Wiktor. Are you further along troubleshooting these errors than the description above suggests?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
digilockhub

SOLVE

Hi Isaac, thanks for the reply. I'm attaching a screen-grab of my Contact Property Mappings in HS. The Country/Region property is actually single-line text. So in my HTML, I use a select menu but just pass the selected value via JSON.

Let's say I wanted to create a custom dropdown select field in HS with say 50 items. Is there an efficient way to do this by importing a data file? Or does this need to be done one item at a time?

Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 8.01.33 AM.png 

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @digilockhub.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes, you can use the Load options... button when editing a mutliple checkboxes, radio select, or dropdown select-type property and choose from a preselected group of options or paste your own options in (e.g. from a CSV).

See this screen recording of what this looks like within a dropdown select property.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
digilockhub

SOLVE

Yes I came across that option finally. Not sure why I didn't see it before. Thanks.