Form submitted before tracking code installed?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What does this message mean? It's showing on a couple of new form submissions from today: This form was submitted before the tracking code was installed. Some information may not have been captured as a result.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Advisor

Hi @rachelbjordan,

If you had HubSpot form code installed on your website before the tracking code was installed, you would get this message.  Although you woud certainly have captured all of the form fields.  You might be missing certain analytics data, page view info, and other historical data.

If you have had both the form code and the tracking code installed for some time, you may want to check that the tracking code is properly installed on the page containing the form.  If you are using WordPress, for example, your page may be using a template that does not have the tracking code installed.  

Hope this helps!

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Trevor. That almost makes it more of a mystery. Nothing's changed about my code, it was on a HubSpot LP, and that LP was cloned from another working LP.

The error hasn't popped up again. So, I'm wondering if it's somehow linked to the delays HS reported in inbound emails & chats yesterday. Or, just a fluke of my happening to pop in to check on conversions within seconds of the conversion taking place.

0 Upvotes
Advisor

HI @rachelbjordan,

If this is only for an isolated lead or two, a possible explanation is that your lead's browser blocks cookies.  Without cookies, you won't have the tracking information.  

What do you think @jennysowyrda?

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
Community Manager

Hi @rachelbjordan,

Thank you for the tag @trevorjones71

There was a known issue with the wording of the banner message recently. The message was intended to show that some submissions are missing cookies (as @trevorjones71 thought!). The team has now implemented a change to make future submission message more clear to be related to missing cookies.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution