Lead Capture Tools

DanielHird
Participant

Form submission on removed event date

SOLVE

Hi,

Within a form, we removed an event date yesterday (session was full), but the following day, we've recieved 2 form submissions for that removed date.

I'm assuming what has happened is the opened the form yesterday morning, but didn't submit it until today. So when they opened they form, that date was an option. 

Is there any way of preventing this from happening? I'd assumed there would be a check in the background that any options selected, are still available at the point of submission. 

Any advice? Just a system limitation? Any work around?

Thanks,
Daniel

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanielHird,

Could you confirm that you updated the form after the change? Changes are not automatically pushed live, they will remain in draft mode until you click the "Update" button on the upper right of the screen.

If that's not it, the option described by you is unlikely but possible, yes. Unfortunately, HubSpot isn't very good at capacity management. Custom code would be a solution here or an integration with an actual ticketing solution like Eventbrite. I'm not aware of any workarounds within HubSpot, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanielHird,

Could you confirm that you updated the form after the change? Changes are not automatically pushed live, they will remain in draft mode until you click the "Update" button on the upper right of the screen.

If that's not it, the option described by you is unlikely but possible, yes. Unfortunately, HubSpot isn't very good at capacity management. Custom code would be a solution here or an integration with an actual ticketing solution like Eventbrite. I'm not aware of any workarounds within HubSpot, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DanielHird
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Yes, while it was a colleague (not me) who made the changes, I checked and they had been published. I think the "unlikely but possible" aspect is correct...it's a long form, with lots of fields, some of which will probably require the user to get info from elsewhere. I'd suggest almost nobody fills it in fully and submits it immediately, which will open the door for this issue. I did wonder if rather than using HubSpot for something like this (capacity management), there may be a better / alternative option, so will check out Eventbrite, thank you.

Regards,

Daniel