Lead Capture Tools

kavprestige
Membre

Form submission failiure

Résolue

We have recently started getting submission failiures from our embeded form on our website. The submission comes through bu the customer see's a failed submission meaage. The lead is then sent again as a re-conversion lead 

Any help or suggestions appreciated

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Ben_M
Solution
Conseiller clé

Form submission failiure

Résolue

You appear to be using Contact Form 7 on your site with the non-Hubspot forms feature.  By default Contact Form 7 validates the form after the submission.  So technically what is happening is that the form is submitted successfully and then CF7 checks for validation errors.  If there are errors it redirects you back to the page with the error message.  So because of this Hubspot sees a successful submission.

Personally I would recommend using either Hubspot forms natively or a plugin like Gravity Forms (https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/hubspot/ ) which supports Hubspot and provides a much more seamless experience.  Unfortunately in your setup, you would have to modify CF7 to validate prior to the submission and it doesn't appear there is an official or way to do this via a plugin or addon that I could find.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
Ben_M
Conseiller clé

Form submission failiure

Résolue

Is this just the hubspot embed code or a script that is reposting to hubspot or a form that is using the non-hubspot forms feature?  Anymore detail you can provide or a link to a page in question would greatly help us in answering your question.  

0 Votes
kavprestige
Membre

Form submission failiure

Résolue

Hi Ben

The honest answer is I am not 100% sure. This is a link to the page.

https://www.kavanaghprestigecars.ie/vehicle-sourcing/

I know it was an embeded form that feeds the leads into our Hubspot account.

Thanks again

0 Votes
Ben_M
Solution
Conseiller clé

Form submission failiure

Résolue

You appear to be using Contact Form 7 on your site with the non-Hubspot forms feature.  By default Contact Form 7 validates the form after the submission.  So technically what is happening is that the form is submitted successfully and then CF7 checks for validation errors.  If there are errors it redirects you back to the page with the error message.  So because of this Hubspot sees a successful submission.

Personally I would recommend using either Hubspot forms natively or a plugin like Gravity Forms (https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/hubspot/ ) which supports Hubspot and provides a much more seamless experience.  Unfortunately in your setup, you would have to modify CF7 to validate prior to the submission and it doesn't appear there is an official or way to do this via a plugin or addon that I could find.

kavprestige
Membre

Form submission failiure

Résolue

Hi Ben

Many thanks for your help and advice. We now have a developer on board so hopefully we can get this resolved.

Thanks again