Lead Capture Tools

DQueiroz
Participant

Form submission email confirmation

SOLVE

Hey! 

I'm trying to establish a form submission email confirmation, where the submitter receives an email asking to double confirm if he/she really wants to submit that form. Is this possible?

If not, is it possible to add a double opt-in email check to a specific form and only to that form?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DQueiroz,

@DQueiroz wrote:

If the submission is not confirmed, ideally, I would like it to be deleted. In case this is not possible, I also thought about creating a workflow to send a confirmation email after a form submission, and only after the contact clicked the confirmation CTA in that email, our team would receive the submission notification. 

Sure, this is also an option. You would create a workflow for the internal notification and only enroll the contact into the workflow after they click the CTA. The internal notification would then include personalization tokens for all the fields used in the form, see also my post here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Customizing-From-Submission-Notification-Emails/...

@DQueiroz wrote:

Regarding the double opt-in settings, that only works for HS pages, correct?

Correct.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DQueiroz,

Can you share a bit more context on what you'd like to happen when a form submission is not confirmed? A submission can't be undone – would you want the contact to be deleted if they don't confirm the submission?

Regarding the double opt-in, yes, under Settings > Marketing > Email > Subscriptions you can specify that a double opt-in should only be triggered on certain pages:

karstenkoehler_0-1679577527329.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
DQueiroz
Participant

SOLVE

If the submission is not confirmed, ideally, I would like it to be deleted. In case this is not possible, I also thought about creating a workflow to send a confirmation email after a form submission, and only after the contact clicked the confirmation CTA in that email, our team would receive the submission notification. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DQueiroz,

@DQueiroz wrote:

Sure, this is also an option. You would create a workflow for the internal notification and only enroll the contact into the workflow after they click the CTA. The internal notification would then include personalization tokens for all the fields used in the form, see also my post here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Customizing-From-Submission-Notification-Emails/...

@DQueiroz wrote:

Correct.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes