Lead Capture Tools

YAydin
Miembro

Form subject when using Zapier

resolver

Hi, I am using forms to capture leads, however my users aren't filling out the Hubspot forms directly but instead they are filling out a form on our website and I am transfering the data to Hubspot forms via a Zapier integration.

What I want to do is, I want to have custom subject lines for form submissions that appear in our conversations tool on Hubspot. This community post describes how to do it: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/quot-Subject-Line-quot-doesn-t-exist-for-Contact-Form/td-p/3187...

However it seems like this doesn't work through Zapier? Does  anyone have a solution?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Crystal_Hopper
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

@YAydin Hello! How would you customize the subject line if you had it? Are you wanting to add Personalization or draw from another field or fields on the Form? This could complicate things if it isn't static content.

As stated in the solution you provided, people are adding a faux Subject line by creating a field in the Form called Subject. In your Form builder, it could be possible to make this a hidden field that's sole purpose is to send custom info in to Hubspot and you don't want the submitter to modify the content. Labeled as the "Subject", you and your team would know what that means and would have the info in Hubspot. 

In Hubspot, it is possible to have a hidden field in a Form that passes info in. I use this as a way to give our Sales people info that the form submitter had no idea was being submitted. Rather, I use hidden fields to help put info in front of other team members so that the submitter doesn't have to fill out a big long form when I already have some of the info the Sales wants to see. 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
Crystal_Hopper
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

@YAydin Hello! How would you customize the subject line if you had it? Are you wanting to add Personalization or draw from another field or fields on the Form? This could complicate things if it isn't static content.

As stated in the solution you provided, people are adding a faux Subject line by creating a field in the Form called Subject. In your Form builder, it could be possible to make this a hidden field that's sole purpose is to send custom info in to Hubspot and you don't want the submitter to modify the content. Labeled as the "Subject", you and your team would know what that means and would have the info in Hubspot. 

In Hubspot, it is possible to have a hidden field in a Form that passes info in. I use this as a way to give our Sales people info that the form submitter had no idea was being submitted. Rather, I use hidden fields to help put info in front of other team members so that the submitter doesn't have to fill out a big long form when I already have some of the info the Sales wants to see. 

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
YAydin
Miembro

resolver

Hey Crystal, any updates? This seems like a pretty basic function?

0 Me gusta
Crystal_Hopper
Asesor destacado

resolver

@YAydin it was only a suggestion. I do not have any integration with Zapier that I can work with and test. Hopefully someone else who has real-life experience comes along and can continue to try and help.

YAydin
Miembro

resolver

Hi, I tried the subject field but it seems like it doesn't work? Other people in the link I have provided are reporting the same as well.

Are you sure the subject line field still works?

0 Me gusta