Lead Capture Tools

chris_black

Form pop-up only if web visitor is unknown

SOLVE

My team is building out a landing page that will utilize a custom-built CTA (through WP not HubSpot) pop-up module with the form embedded. However, the web-app on the page will have multiple items available to click into without any refresh or redirect.

So the question is, what is the best to utilize a standard form to where it will only trigger or be used once and allow the passthrough for any additional "gated" content on that page? 

Can this be done via smart CTA, custom event, or something else?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @chris_black,

Unfortunately, at this time, I don't see an option to only display a standard Form once to a contact. The closest option I can see would be to use a Smart Form to alter the appearance of the Form after the contact has already filled it out. If the contact filled out the Form once (and we add the Contact to a List), we could use a Smart Form to change the appearance of the Form on subsequent visits (i.e. make it much smaller, or maybe invisible with CSS?).
- see Create smart forms

A separate option might be to gate content based on HubSpot registration status of your contacts. This is a reliable method of delivering gated content but does require HubSpot Marketing Enterprise.
- see Require member registration to access private content

I hope this helps!

Best,
Brendan

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Community,

My name is Dom, a Product Manager at HubSpot. My team and I are currently looking for Alpha testers for a brand new feature in Hubspot called Audiences that will allow marketers to create segments of anonymous website users based on a number of filters such as location, language, device, browsing history etc and use these segments for content personalisation, to increase your conversions and gather insights as your website visitors. 

If you’re a marketer interested in this functionality please feel free to reach out to me via a direct message and I can add this feature to your portal. 

Best,

Dom

bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @chris_black,

Unfortunately, at this time, I don't see an option to only display a standard Form once to a contact. The closest option I can see would be to use a Smart Form to alter the appearance of the Form after the contact has already filled it out. If the contact filled out the Form once (and we add the Contact to a List), we could use a Smart Form to change the appearance of the Form on subsequent visits (i.e. make it much smaller, or maybe invisible with CSS?).
- see Create smart forms

A separate option might be to gate content based on HubSpot registration status of your contacts. This is a reliable method of delivering gated content but does require HubSpot Marketing Enterprise.
- see Require member registration to access private content

I hope this helps!

Best,
Brendan

0 Upvotes