Lead Capture Tools

SMilne9
Participante

Form notifications not forwarding

resolver

Hi, 

I am trying to ensure that the contact owner for a new form submission is sent the email inlcuding all the form data submitted. I have a workflow setup that assigns a contact owner based on the enquiry location in the world. We ask for the persons country on the hubspot forms we are using. 

However, when I select the follow up options tick box (See below screenshot) it does not forward the submission to the contact owner. It only submits an email notifying them they are now the contact owner, but they do not get the second email notification including the form submission details. It does forward the submission details to our info@ inbox as I have set up in the section below this. 

How do I ensure the contact owner also gets the form details submitted via an email notification? 

SMilne9_0-1636366989875.png

I have tried to solve this in a workflow as well using personalisation tokens, but the email just combines any available form data from the contact and this is confusing for the contact owner on face value in the email. The contact owner needs to see the latest form submission data in the notification email. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Stuart 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @SMilne9,

Thanks for the added context on the different form fields, in that case the notification be confusing, yes.

Regarding the skipped system notification, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support, this is included in your subscription via the purple help widget at the lower right of the screen.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
SMilne9
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler Thanks for the quick reponse. 

I have checked on one user as a test and the notification settings seem fine. 

SMilne9_0-1636368518124.png

Our IT department has also allowlisted Hubspot to all employee's so it shouldn't be getting caught in the spam filter either. Any other suggestions that may be causing the issue? One thought that came to mind was that may be the 'send submission notifications to' overwrites the 'follow-up options' in Hubspot forms. See screenshot below. Do you think this could be the reason?

SMilne9_1-1636368927106.png

As for the custom personalisation tokens, it pulls in form data from other form submissions as well. Not all of our forms have the same fields but I included all the relevant tokens to match each possible field so nothing was missed. If a contact reconverts the contact owner then see's all the fields and the data can be confusing when two submissions are combined. It can look like this is all from one submission when in reality it is from two. I hope that makes sense. 

Best regards, 

Stuart 

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @SMilne9,

Thanks for the added context on the different form fields, in that case the notification be confusing, yes.

Regarding the skipped system notification, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support, this is included in your subscription via the purple help widget at the lower right of the screen.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @SMilne9,

Could you confirm that the user has enabled the necessary notification settings? They might have disabled them at an earlier point, this would be the first thing I'd check.

@SMilne9 wrote:

I have tried to solve this in a workflow as well using personalisation tokens, but the email just combines any available form data from the contact and this is confusing for the contact owner on face value in the email. The contact owner needs to see the latest form submission data in the notification email.

Could you elaborate on this? The latest form submission should overwrite earlier values, so any custom notification in a workflow should only include the latest form submission information.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta