Lead Capture Tools

vny

Form follow-up email not working

SOLVE

Hi,

I have created a form that I want to embed to my website. I created a follow-up email so that users receive the detials upon submission. However, users do not get the emails. Any idea what may be the reason?

I am a super user and do not get any error messages.

Thanks,

Vanya

1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TimJEllis 

I was able to investigate more and test the form and the reason is there are unsaved changes in your form, specifically about the follow-up email that needs to be updated inside the pop-up form in HubSpot.

Once you update this form and save these changes you should be all set.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
SMartins0

SOLVE

Hello there,

I have the same problem. I created a landing page and a form and then a follow-up email. However, the users don't get the email. can you tell me what is wrong? Thank you!

daverflin

SOLVE

Hi @PamCotton Yes, i previously had read through the knowledge base in trying to set-up my follow-up email. Just to be clear, my account is the basic account and I am just  trying to utilize the 1 free follow-up email that is provided. When trying to follow the steps in the knowledge base, I could only edit the follow-up email through the Forms module, but not the Landing pages module. I navigated to page Forms, then selected the form i wanted, and then clicked on Edit. Inside the selected form, as per the knowledge base, under tab-Form, i think i am supposed to see the following:

To edit a follow-up email in a form module:

• Click the Send a follow-up email dropdown menu to select the simple follow-up email you want to edit

However, I do not see any where with an option where i could toggle to switch on "Send a follow-up email" option. 

Please assist. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @daverflin, thank you for the extra information. Could you please send me a DM with the name of the form and account number where you are not able to edit the follow-up email so I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

daverflin

SOLVE

Follow up email not working

Hi, I have set-up a follow-up email to a form that i had created. I have tried to send a test by submitting a form but i did not receive any email after submitting the form. I have went back to read and it said that in the under the "Form" module, i would need to toggle "Send a follow-up email". However, i did not see such an option in the edit "Form" module. Could you assist?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @daverflin, wanted to share this knowledge base here with more information on how to set up your follow-up email. 

Could you please confirm if these are the steps you also set up your follow-up email and where specifically you are not seeing the option?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

DSA-Developer

SOLVE

I, too, am having the same issue.  The landing page and follow up email are set up correctly.  My test email address is authenticated.  My landing page and email are free of unsaved changes and re both published.  So, I'm not sure why the test email is not being sent.  

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DSA-Developer 

Thank you for reaching out! 

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about the matter you mentioned here.

Best, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

TimJEllis

SOLVE

I have a similar problem. A pop up form follow up email is not sending. I'm on the free CRM version and should have this functionality for 1 form but it's not working. Does anyone have any ideas please. I can send emails via the Contact record so email is set up properly. Thanks 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TimJEllis 

I was able to investigate more and test the form and the reason is there are unsaved changes in your form, specifically about the follow-up email that needs to be updated inside the pop-up form in HubSpot.

Once you update this form and save these changes you should be all set.

Kindly,

Pam

SFriedman4

SOLVE

Would there be a reason why a landing page form would work on hubspot, but does not work when you link it to your website from the hubspot plugin?

0 Upvotes

SOLVE

I set up a form with a follow up email. 

I did a test entry yesterday and anothe today and the follow up email is not being sent. 

The form is called: xxx

Can you help me out? Test emails are luisxxx@fuelup.shop and chamxx@hotmail.com

Thanks

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @8112946 

Thank you for the information, for one of the examples, the first example email, I was able to see that was delivered successfully to the inbox, my recommendation would be for him to please check his spam/trash inbox for the follow-up email. The second example email was not delivered due to "graymail" associated with this email ( more information here

I hope this information helps.

Pam

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @vny 

The follow-up email would be for contacts to receive the email not users in HubSpot.

For users to be able to receive email submission notification you will need to insert the user emails in the "send submission notifications to" as the screenshot below:

form.png

If this is not what you are referring to could you please share some screenshots as @DanielSanchez  mentioned.

Thank you!

Pam

0 Upvotes
vny

SOLVE

@PamCotton & @DanielSanchez Thank you both for the quick responses. I found the reason for the email - the contact I was testing with previously unsubcribed from my marketing list and hubspot was preventing me from sending the follow-up email.

In other words, the issue is not with the follow-up email but with the subscripiton settings. Have you come acrosss this before?

Scenario is - contact signs up for marketing list, then unsubscribes, then signup again but hubspot would not change the settings from unsubscribed to subscribed. Hence the issue with the followup email.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @vny 

We would need more information such as the example of the contact that happened that, what email type he subscribed back? 

To better help you, could you please create a new thread in the community with more details about this?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @vny 

U can sent prints or video?

This will help us to identify if something is missing.

Thanks!