Lead Capture Tools

LindseyIrvine
Participant

Form Submission --> Content

SOLVE

Once someone complets a form I want to direct them to a white paper. I have uploaded the white paer in file manager. When I use the file link as my redirect once the form is created it is unsuccesful, it just goes to a blank google page.

How do you automatically redirect a form submission to a PDF?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LindseyIrvine

I just tried this in my portal using a URL for a PDF taken directly from the file manager and it worked ok, but I dare say there are a number of variables that could casue issues i.e. file type, browser, etc. 

Best practice would be to create a thank you page and link to the asset from their using HubSpot's document link function. A thank you page is also a good place to send people to redownload their asset using a follow up email and to offer a secondary converison that is lower down the funnel.

If you need a simple, easy to edit, thank you page template, we have one on the marketplace: Conversion Thank You Page Template

We've used this style for some time with good results. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LindseyIrvine

I just tried this in my portal using a URL for a PDF taken directly from the file manager and it worked ok, but I dare say there are a number of variables that could casue issues i.e. file type, browser, etc. 

Best practice would be to create a thank you page and link to the asset from their using HubSpot's document link function. A thank you page is also a good place to send people to redownload their asset using a follow up email and to offer a secondary converison that is lower down the funnel.

If you need a simple, easy to edit, thank you page template, we have one on the marketplace: Conversion Thank You Page Template

We've used this style for some time with good results. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
LindseyIrvine
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Phil, great idea!

0 Upvotes