Lead Capture Tools

CGrowth
Participant | Elite Partner

Form Field: Marketing Email Consent Checkbox - Report or List by Contact

SOLVE

Goal: Understand which contacts consented to receive marketing emails by form. Right now, we can't see if a form was the point at which a contact opted into email marketing, i.e. did they check the box when they filled out THAT form?

Issue: Not possible to use the consent checkbox field in a filter for a report or list for a particular form submission. 

Also, cannot use it in the analytics/sunbmissions section in the form submission page.

Have read a bunch of support articles, and whilst we can use the filters for Form submission - has filled out any of "XYZ" on any page, and Email Subscription "has opted into Marketing Information", I don't know how to refine this further to include checkbox for consent. If the contact has already opted into marketing emails, the contact will be inlcuded in the list, it doesn't tell us that it was for that form specifically.

I thought of using date stamps for form submission dates and then IF it is possible to create date stamp for the date the contact opted into Marketing Email, I could use a filter to match the dates, but it still doesn't validate that Checkbox was checked on that form...

Can a consent checkbox be copied to a Contact field? Could a form include a hidden field to track the consent that then could be used to filter on?

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGrowth,

This is indeed simply not possible. The subscription opt status will not tell you how it was set. This cannot be filtered (which is nuts).

If you want to make sure, you would have to create a custom checkbox property in the form and use a workflow that enrolls contacts for whom this box is checked and then sets the subscription opt-in via workflow.

Thats the only way I'm aware of that would allow you to determine whether the box is checked in a form - assuming that no one is touching this property outside of forms. Ideally you lock it down in an Enterprise portal and make it view only.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
CGrowth

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten! I'll give that a go.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGrowth,

This is indeed simply not possible. The subscription opt status will not tell you how it was set. This cannot be filtered (which is nuts).

If you want to make sure, you would have to create a custom checkbox property in the form and use a workflow that enrolls contacts for whom this box is checked and then sets the subscription opt-in via workflow.

Thats the only way I'm aware of that would allow you to determine whether the box is checked in a form - assuming that no one is touching this property outside of forms. Ideally you lock it down in an Enterprise portal and make it view only.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes