Lead Capture Tools

Alex_
Top Contributor

Form Field Auto Populate Question

SOLVE

Hi All,

I have a general question about auto populating form fields.

We're going to be creating a landing page that includes a form for a campaign that will also be marketed by a third party to their database and the question about form field auto population.

I was under the impression that auto population wouldn't work with their database since it's their contacts aren't in our database in HubSpot nor have they been cookied by us.

Is this correct or will auto population work for them in this scenario?

Edit: Keeping in mind everything that I've described above, if they were to give us a list of people they were sending this to (which we would not use to market to), would auto population then work?

Just to be clear, I'm not intending on doing this; I feel like this question will be asked at some point and I'd like to be prepared with an answer since auto population knowledge is not my strength.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Alex_,

You are correct. If HubSpot doesn't know the details about the person completing the form, it will not auto-populate with known values.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Alex_,

You are correct. If HubSpot doesn't know the details about the person completing the form, it will not auto-populate with known values.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Alex_
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, @Josh. I apprecaite the response.

One more question to pose if that's ok. Keeping in mind everything that I've described in my post, if they were to give us a list of people they were sending this to (which we would not use to market to), would auto population then work?

Just to be clear, I'm not intending on doing this; I feel like this question will be asked at some point and I'd like to be prepared with an answer since auto population knowledge is not my strength. I'll actually add this to my post as well.