Lead Capture Tools

PYoganathan
Contributor

Form Emails Adding Unwanted Information

SOLVE

When we create forms, the emails get sent to our sales team but this information at the end of the email keeps showing up. How can we remove this section from every email?

Email FOrm.png

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PYoganathan,

The default HubSpot form submission notifications can't be edited. You would need a Professional or Enterprise subscription to create your own automated email that can then be sent using a workflow. (Let me know if you need assistance with creating such an email, happy to help and lay out the steps.)

If you're on a free or a Starter license, there currently isn't a workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
CrisitnaLucas
Participant

SOLVE

Adding to this thread, with hopes that Karsten has an idea... I was looking for an idea in the forum to support editing the default email, or an idea to solves the limitation of cross-object tokens in an email template (which would be triggered by a workflow).

Here's what I'm working with as of right now: 

Since we cannot edit auto-generated emails (in today's case, I could solve my internal tension by just being able to update the email subject line so it's not the default "contact re/conversion" that seems to tag to all form submissions ), I have to go through the following steps to generate an internal email that contains both form/ticket and contact properties:

- create duplicate properties between contact or ticket

- create a workflow that will take said properties and populate them into the other data set

- then create a workflow to trigger an internal email notification, using the original set of fields + the now duplicated fields

Open to any ideas to make this more streamlined!

thanks, Cristina 🙂

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PYoganathan
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much @karstenkoehler This method worked and now we just see the information we need. I appreciate your time and help!👍

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PYoganathan,

The default HubSpot form submission notifications can't be edited. You would need a Professional or Enterprise subscription to create your own automated email that can then be sent using a workflow. (Let me know if you need assistance with creating such an email, happy to help and lay out the steps.)

If you're on a free or a Starter license, there currently isn't a workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

PYoganathan
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for the clarification @karstenkoehler

Would you mind explaining the steps on creating the automated email that pulls the contact form data?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PYoganathan,

Sure, this article outlines the general steps of creating an automated email. The design of the email is entirely up to you.

Alternatively, you could choose to send an "Internal email notification" right from within a contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1636123409810.png

The following steps apply to both an automated email and an internal email notification.

In the text of the email, you can work with so-called personalization tokens. These tokens pull in information from any contact property – including the property fields used in your form. You can add these tokens easily in each email.

Depending on which form fields you're interested in, you'd add exactly the tokens for them, e.g. First name, Last name, Email etc.

If you want to include a link to the contact record in question, you can use this link:

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/PORTAL_ID/contact/CONTACT_ID/ 

Replace PORTAL_ID with your own portal ID (the number that you see when you click on your profile image in the upper right of the screen) and replace CONTACT_ID with a personalization token for Contact ID.

karstenkoehler_1-1636123481087.png

HubSpot will then automatically "assemble" the link for each contact.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

That is in the default notification email and cannot be edited as far as I know. If you wanted, you can create a custom email to use for internal notifications and send that instead via a workflow.

0 Upvotes
PYoganathan
Contributor

SOLVE

If I were to create a separate automated email for internal notifications, how would I disable the default HubSpot email from submitting forms?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PYoganathan,

You can disable form submission notifications right within the form (Menu > Marketing > Lead capture > Forms). Click into the Options tab of the form and remove your name(s) from the "Send submission notifications to" dropdown.

You can also disable all form submission notifications in the notification settings.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler