Lead Capture Tools

sharath
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Followup email for forms submitted on external sites

Résolue

When we embed HubSpot forms on an external website, we should be able to send followup email from HubSpot, right now the option is available only when the forms are embedded on HubSpot pages.

2 Solutions acceptées
Tom
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Hey @sharath sending follow up emails triggered by any forms is a part of the "workflows" tool which is available to all Professional and Enterprise Marketing customers: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows-user-guide-v2

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

KatieSchieder
Solution
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Yes, @Tom is correct. Our site is external and we have no issues sending follow up emails, we do this for all our forms and it's how we deliver all our downloadable assets. You will just need to create a workflow triggered by the form submission. If you have the same form on multiple pages but want different emails to be triggered you would just add the url as a segmenting factor within the worflow.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
9 Réponses
cynthiapossen
Participant

Résolue

Hi,

I see this topic has been around for many years and probably in the meantime a lot has changed except the fact that we still need to create Workflows (WF) to be able to send out  a simple follow-up email for an external embedded form which doesn't use any Hubspot LP's.  I don't understand why?

Apparently there is a "Follow-up" option available on each form, why can't the "Simple Follow-up emails" that are already created be available here instead of creating a new, very limited, follow - up mail where the footer can't even be adjusted to the needs.

@hubspot, please do something about this. Very disapointing and unnecessary to create WF for this simple feature while it can and should actually be included in the forms tool itself. So the WF tool itself can be used for more complex automation rather having multiple WF's that only do a very simple chore. We have over 350 forms (due to global activities and therefor different languages) also to manage and maintain all of these different objects (Form, email and WF's) is almost becoming undoable.

Hope to hear back on this one, can imagine that more clients share my frustration.

Cheers,

Cynthia

frank_dethier
Participant

Résolue

Is this still the case? For an external website, the only way to send a follow-up mail via an embedded Hubspot form, is to buy the Marketing Professional module (800 USD/month)?

0 Votes
Liam_Holmes_one
Membre

Résolue

It is presented as an option in the user interface, but does it work with external sites? Not when I have tested it with a WordPress website. 

I entered the form with another email address alias. I get a confirmation email that the contact was captured to my own email.  However, this email alias (Lead Contact) does not receive the first email in the follow-up. (Using Starter Editions without workflows). 

0 Votes
KatieSchieder
Solution

Résolue

Yes, @Tom is correct. Our site is external and we have no issues sending follow up emails, we do this for all our forms and it's how we deliver all our downloadable assets. You will just need to create a workflow triggered by the form submission. If you have the same form on multiple pages but want different emails to be triggered you would just add the url as a segmenting factor within the worflow.

0 Votes
ErynFeeney
Participant

Résolue

@KatieSchieder — When you are adding the external URL to segment the trigger, are you doing it underneath "contact has filled form on" or as a separate and function?

0 Votes
kimpanian
Participant

Résolue

@KatieSchieder - How are you able to use the same form on multiple (external) pages but trigger different emails depending on which page it was submitted on?

When I go to set up my workflow to do just that, it only lets me choose Hubspot pages and will not let me copy/paste in any other URL.

0 Votes
Tom
Solution

Résolue

Hey @sharath sending follow up emails triggered by any forms is a part of the "workflows" tool which is available to all Professional and Enterprise Marketing customers: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows-user-guide-v2

CameronB
Membre

Résolue

Hey Tom,

That's pretty ridiculous that that simple action is only available to people paying $800 a month. It's one basic action that just about everyone expects when a form gets completed.

How can we fix that issue?

0 Votes
abourdon
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks for the info. I was looking for this info myself- glad to have found it! By the way, are workflows the preferred way to do auto-responders these days? I have some forms embedded in HS hosted pages that are using the "send automated email" function.

Are there any good reasons to use one over the other, assuming you're doing something where both are an option?

0 Votes