Followup email for forms submitted on external sites

SOLVE
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

When we embed HubSpot forms on an external website, we should be able to send followup email from HubSpot, right now the option is available only when the forms are embedded on HubSpot pages.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @sharath sending follow up emails triggered by any forms is a part of the "workflows" tool which is available to all Professional and Enterprise Marketing customers: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows-user-guide-v2

Regular Contributor

Yes, @Tom is correct. Our site is external and we have no issues sending follow up emails, we do this for all our forms and it's how we deliver all our downloadable assets. You will just need to create a workflow triggered by the form submission. If you have the same form on multiple pages but want different emails to be triggered you would just add the url as a segmenting factor within the worflow.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @sharath sending follow up emails triggered by any forms is a part of the "workflows" tool which is available to all Professional and Enterprise Marketing customers: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows-user-guide-v2

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. I was looking for this info myself- glad to have found it! By the way, are workflows the preferred way to do auto-responders these days? I have some forms embedded in HS hosted pages that are using the "send automated email" function.

Are there any good reasons to use one over the other, assuming you're doing something where both are an option?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Yes, @Tom is correct. Our site is external and we have no issues sending follow up emails, we do this for all our forms and it's how we deliver all our downloadable assets. You will just need to create a workflow triggered by the form submission. If you have the same form on multiple pages but want different emails to be triggered you would just add the url as a segmenting factor within the worflow.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@KatieSchieder - How are you able to use the same form on multiple (external) pages but trigger different emails depending on which page it was submitted on?

When I go to set up my workflow to do just that, it only lets me choose Hubspot pages and will not let me copy/paste in any other URL.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@KatieSchieder — When you are adding the external URL to segment the trigger, are you doing it underneath "contact has filled form on" or as a separate and function?

0 Upvotes