Lead Capture Tools

kallgood
Contributor

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Hi community, I'd love some insight into files uploaded via a form.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Q: Multiple questions?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Q: Multiple questions?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
SCorporateFin
Participant

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Any update on this in relation to auto targetting where files are stored?

E.g. A client submits a form and uploads a file, can this be automatically placed in their contact record?

Thanks

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Hi @SCorporateFin hope you are doing well!

I understand we would like form file uploads to show as "attachments" on contact records. Unfortunately this is not possible- I've been able to confirm from similar past cases that we don't currently have a way for those file uploads to automatically appear in the "attachments" section on records.

I was able to find a similar idea posted in our ideas' forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/File-Uploads-as-Attachments/idi-p/297948. I would recommend upvoting this as well as commenting to show your support and to be automatically notified when our product engineers comment in this thread going forward.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ksouligne
Participant

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Thank you for answering these specific questions so well.

I have one follow up question. 

If files are uploaded via a job applicant from is there a way to automate those files being placed into a specific folder instead of the /form-uploads/ location

I would like to say any file uploaded from a specific field in a form should be placed in "Folder_ID"  so for instance all CVs submitted through a job applicant form from the CV upload field are placed in a Job Applicant CV folder and all Dover sheets are placed in the cover sheet folder, etc.

Thanks

Kyle

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Hi @ksouligne 

After investigation it seems this is not something possible with HubSpot at the moment. However I can see how it could be useful, so I invite you to submit this idea on our Ideas forum. It is the main platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team. You have more information on how this forum works here

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Joona

File Upload in Forms

SOLVE

Hello there,

We are receiving a lod pictures as file attachment from Hubspot forms. We don't want to overload the CRM database, so we would like to receive those pictures to a separete folder for instance in One Drive or Sharepoint.

Is it possible to change API where the file attachment get uploaded?

Best Regards,

Joona