Fields from data capture on website not pulling through to Hubspot

New Contributor

I have a wordpress site with contact 7 form: https://www.thebeachhousehove.co.uk/contact/ I have connected Hubspot to the WP site and some of the data is being pulled through. However the following fields are not:

Number of guests

How did you hear of us

Do you know how I can map these fields so the data is pulled through please?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @SarahTMB,

Have you reviewed the troubleshooting steps outlined here?

Additionally, @trevorjones71 outlined some troubleshooting for WordPress forms here.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @SarahTMB and thanks for the tag @jennysowyrda!

So, if you're using Contact Form 7, the solutions Jenny linked for you may not work.  May I ask: Are you using the HubSpot for Contact Forms 7 plugin, or are you using Collected forms in HubSpot?

Collected Forms is very particular about field names and descriptions matching.  Youll have to make sure the field descriptions match exactly.  This probably means you'll need to change how the fields are labeled in either HubSpot or WordPress.

If you want to "map" fields with dissimilar names and descriptions, I woul definitely use one of the HubSpot for Contact Forms 7 plugins that are available, and not Collected Forms.  Here's one that you could use: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cf7-hubspot/

Hope this helps!

Trevor

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
New Contributor

Thanks Trevor,

When I try and use the plugin you suggest, the fields I have created do not appear as an option when mapping on the feed?

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Hi @SarahTMB,

I'm thinking the answer to this may be simply a matter of the order in which you have to do things. 

The plugin is a bit confusing in that it says "map form fields to hubspot fields," but you actually have to choose the HubSpot contact field first, THEN choose the field you created in Contact Forms 7. 

Does that help?

Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks Trevor,

I created new fields in Hubspot, however I cannot find them in Wordpress when creating the feed?

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Hi @SarahTMB

Have you signed your plugin into HubSpot?

Here's how you do that:

1. Go to the HubSpot Accounts Tab in the plugin, and click add account. 
  2. Give your account a name.
  3. Make sure the oAuth 2.0 Radio button is checked.
  4. Click Login with HubSpot.
  5. Log into Hubspot using your username and password.
  6. Click Save Changes.

Once that's done, your plugin should have access to the fields you need.  

-Trevor

-Trevor

New Contributor

Hi Trevor,

Yes I had done that, however the only fields I see are the standard Hubsot ones, and not the new ones I created in Hubspot. Do I have to upgrade something for that to work?

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Got it @SarahTMB,

HubSpot Custom Field support is a function of the premium version of the plugin.  For a single website it's $59.00/year.  Click the Go Premium tab in your plugins settings page.

Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes