Fake Form Completions

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hubspotters

I keep getting fake form completions. I have the Captcha turned on to help reduce the BOts etc. However I was wondering if anyone here could offer some advise on how we can combat these fakers? Also does anyone know a work around to removing or blocking these fake completions from hitting our form metrics.

At the moment we are debating internally if we mark the contacts as FAKE and opt them out of marketing comms, or if we just delete this dirty data from our platform.

2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi @LP79

From within HubSpot you can enable captcha and block free email providers or specific domains from submitting the form. I wanted to share this article which outlines this for your reference.

@coachcourt do you have any tips on how to handle spam contact records that come in through form submissions?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Great solution! 

I would also suggest requiring an email address that triggers an email. This way people are required to provide a real email if they want what you are providing. You also have the ability to immediately weed out all emails that bounce.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @LP79

From within HubSpot you can enable captcha and block free email providers or specific domains from submitting the form. I wanted to share this article which outlines this for your reference.

@coachcourt do you have any tips on how to handle spam contact records that come in through form submissions?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Great solution! 

I would also suggest requiring an email address that triggers an email. This way people are required to provide a real email if they want what you are providing. You also have the ability to immediately weed out all emails that bounce.

0 Upvotes