Extracting and displaying custom form content

New Contributor

Hi,

We have created a few custom HubSpot forms, some quite lengthy, which are embedded in our corporate website and write the submitted detail away to the HubSpot database once submitted.  Our challenge is that when we extract a form submitted data set from HubSpot, the result is displayed in alphabetical order of the field names, not the order in which the fields are displayed in the form as completed.  The data is very hard to consume when displayed out of sequence, so how do we enforce that the report is displayed in the same field order as the form so that correct context can be maintained?

5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @Graham_Rogoff,

How are you exporting this data? When you export the form submissions from the form itself, the files should show up in the order of the fields. 

If you are exporting your form differently, or seeing different results, please let us know.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

The forms are embedded directly into our website using a few links including this https://share.hsforms.com/1aX1y_SeyRqyrbMAdUxo6LA2zt2b.  We have a contact us form (relatively short) and two Organizational Assessment forms respectively catering for two distinct operating territories (both are long and laid out in context relevant order).

When the form is completed by a customer, the captured content is mailed to nominated internal contacts in the correct field order and written directly to the HubSpot database at the same time.  However, if we lose the original email and need to open the form in Hubspot, it displays in field name alphabetical order, not the field order per the form setup.  I can supply sample images of both the email and HubSpot form display, but this site does not seem to allow embedding of images.  Please provide an email address and I will send on gladly.

How do we resolve the display order of the form in HubSpot?
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

The same issue is happening with me. I'd love to get this resolved.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Graham_Rogoff and @JMaes,

Thank you for the additional information! I would recommend exporting the data if you need to view it in a specific order as a solution for the moment. 

I would also recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum which requests the same functionality.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We have the same problem. Our sales and engineers have to scroll back and forth to try and piece together the information that was submitted. 

0 Upvotes