Lead Capture Tools

ldavidson

External URL not redirecting

SOLVE

I recently updated the URL for one of my forms and updated the external URL (which takes you to the updated PDF). The link works when I test it, but when I complete the form the link redirects straight to the Google search engine home page. Can someone help? The URL works when I test it in another browser so I'm not sure why it won't work when I submit the form.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Did it work? Is it fixed? If so, please mark as solved. Thanks

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
LinusLogren
Participant

SOLVE

Here's the same issue with a correct fix: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Solved-HubSpot-form-not-redirecting-to-HubSpot-p...

"There are two places with options which control what happens after submitting a form. One of them is within the forms editor, the other is inside of the landing page editor.

Can you check in your landing page editor; click on the forms element on the landing page. A left sidebar should open and when you scroll down, you'll also see redirect options. This should also have your redirect URL from above."

0 Upvotes
TriciaEverett
Participant

SOLVE

I am having the same issue and my form is set to an "inline thank you message." i am not redirecting to a URL at all, and half the time it works - the other half it redirects to google. any ideas?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TriciaEverett 

Thank you for reaching out

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Sounds like a bad link used in the Form Options page. Redirect links must be 'perfect'. Double-check.

- see image

HubSpot Form Options: Redirect LinkHubSpot Form Options: Redirect Link

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
ldavidson

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the URL. I'm copying and pasting it from the Files section in Hubspot and I also tried copying and pasting from Wordpress. This the URL when it redirects straight to Google: https://www.google.com/?submissionGuid=888dec06-1926-4bc7-a643-5180bda38a05

This the URL within the form (picture attached).

form.PNG

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Sorry @ldavidson ... didn't see this message until today.

Confirmed, the following link works fine ...

https://www.hanweck.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/HAN_HedgeFunds_0419cf.pdf

Also confirmed, the HubSpot Pop-up on your homepage appears to work (different PDF).

Recommendations ...
- clear your browser cache (i.e., both Chrome and Firefox).
- use the HubSpot CDN link (from HubSpot Files) as your redirect link.
- test your form from an incognito window (in Firefox).
-- never test from the browser instance you use to access HubSpot.

Give us a link to the form if you're still having trouble and we'll test that as well.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
ldavidson

SOLVE

Great. Thanks so much for the help!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Did it work? Is it fixed? If so, please mark as solved. Thanks

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
ACD
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem with my embeded form on a Google Sites website. 

I've managed to get the form to show on the page if I add <div> before and after the embed code. Without the <div> it will not show. 

Now that I can see the form I'd like to redirect to another page on submission - a "thank you" page which I'll use as a goal in Google Analytics. However the form will not redirect to the external url once you hit the submit button, it just stays on the page with the users info. 

The redirect url is https://www.acdmarketing.co.uk/home/thank-you

I've removed the Captcha, thinking this may be inteferring, but its made no difference. 

Any advice please?

mrky007
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem here. Did this ever got resolved?

0 Upvotes