Lead Capture Tools

tôotôo

External Form Tracking Source

Hi there,

It feels to be a basic question and I haven't managed so far to have a definitive answer.

Here is the situation:

- you have a hubspot landing page with a CTA (no email filling) pointing to your web app sign up page

- this web app sign up page is not an hubspot website page

- when a visitor signs up on your web app a new contact in Hubspot should be created 

What is the best way to accomplish that ?

So far what we have done is that every time a user is created on our app we use the Hubspot Contact API to upsert a contact in Hubspot. The problem is that we lose the Original Source, Original Source Drill Down 1 info. Should we try to track in our app those info and pass them back through the API ?

Should we change our approach, drop the Contact API and track the sign up submission as a non hubspot form submissions through a Hubspot Tracking Code setup on our webapp ? In that case, will we get the Original Source ? Is this appraoch compatible with a SPA web app ?

3 Replies 3
tôotôo

Thanks @natsumimori , @webdew  !

We're going to dig into this by the end of the week, I'll mark the answer as a solution.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @natsumimori Thanks for tagging us.
Hi @tôotôo ,
yes actually. I will advice you to put the HubSpot trcaking code on your app and then map the contacts from the non-hubspot forms onto your HubSpot account. That way you will be able to track the original source of the contact. 
For SPA web app tcheck out this artcle and post: How to 'deidentify' a user in an SPA which uses HubSpot Tracking Code - Stack Overflow
HubSpot Community - Setting the single page app ( SPA ) option in hubspot tracking code - HubSpot Co...

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @tôotôo .

@webdew - would you mind sharing your advice?