Lead Capture Tools

SComeau
Top Contributor

Exclude Employees from Counting toward your Marketing Analytics

SOLVE

Many of our employees fill out forms that we have on our website to register for webinars, events etc. Is there a way to tag our domain for these to not count toward stats? I am finding a ton of data is connected to employees visiting our site, registering for things etc. Some even converting to a customer which is really messing with our data. I know you can do this with IP addresses but that will not work in this day with most everyone working remote and all of the salespeople (who sign up for these things) working from home as well. Any suggestions??

3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Valid point, I'm not aware of any way to solve the remote work issue. HubSpot needs some way to identify employees and if it's not by IP, it's currently not possible. (As far as I know, this is not a HubSpot specific issue.) For contact reports, the email domain solution works pretty well however.

If you found this helpful, you can help others find this information by accepting my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The only way I know around the remote issue is if your business requires a VPN to connect computers to network resources. If someone is on the VPN, they would be contained within the IP solution offered. 

The other way I have removed employees from data in the past is when I use Salesforce campaigns for reporting, I have blocked internal domains from syncing to the CRM so in this case they are contained. But if you are solely using Hubspot for your CRM in addition to marketing, this could be an issue, and I would vote up that feature to block contacts from reporting via list management.

arthurs
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

While there is no way to catch and exclude IPs for all employees and agencies that may be working on your HubSpot account, there is potentially an idea that could be the next best solution.

Please see and up vote this idea. The idea is that it is potentially easy to capture IPs for any HubSpot admins, and automatically exclude them.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automatically-exclude-traffic-by-IP-from-login/idi-p/...

Art

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
arthurs
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

While there is no way to catch and exclude IPs for all employees and agencies that may be working on your HubSpot account, there is potentially an idea that could be the next best solution.

Please see and up vote this idea. The idea is that it is potentially easy to capture IPs for any HubSpot admins, and automatically exclude them.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automatically-exclude-traffic-by-IP-from-login/idi-p/...

Art

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Related idea: Exclude internal contacts from marketing email analytics and form submissions reports

Please upvote!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The only way I know around the remote issue is if your business requires a VPN to connect computers to network resources. If someone is on the VPN, they would be contained within the IP solution offered. 

The other way I have removed employees from data in the past is when I use Salesforce campaigns for reporting, I have blocked internal domains from syncing to the CRM so in this case they are contained. But if you are solely using Hubspot for your CRM in addition to marketing, this could be an issue, and I would vote up that feature to block contacts from reporting via list management.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

HI @SComeau,

When it comes to traffic reports, you can exclude traffic from certain IPs from your traffic analytics in the settings.

For any of the tool reports (marketing emails, forms), your employees can unfortunately not be excluded with a default setting. It looks like you're on an Enterprise subscription however, and in your own custom reports you can exclude contacts with your company email domain (e.g. setting a report filter to "Email domain doesn't contain any of @acme.com")

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler

SComeau
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, unfortunately the IP suggestion will not work since many of our employees are remote and move around a lot. I did not think of excluding the email domain from reports though and will look into that. I really just like to be able to look at the Analytics reports straight from HubSpot and right now I have to dive into all of the data to make sure they are not employees. Thanks

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Valid point, I'm not aware of any way to solve the remote work issue. HubSpot needs some way to identify employees and if it's not by IP, it's currently not possible. (As far as I know, this is not a HubSpot specific issue.) For contact reports, the email domain solution works pretty well however.

If you found this helpful, you can help others find this information by accepting my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

A_Roberts
Participant

SOLVE

We are also looking for a way to exclude employee data from our tracking and analytics but as IP addresses are dynamic and change often, excluding the IP address isn't the most full-proof solution. We would love if a domain exclusion was possible.