Lead Capture Tools

jfrankos
Miembro

Excel Spreadsheet

resolver

Hello.  We currently use an excel spreadsheet to manage our pipeline, closed deals, etc.  I would like to us HS for this but can't seem to figure out how to do that.  Also, I would like to be able to create a status of a contact, for example, be able to pull a list of contact by a status (partner, reseller, end-user, etc.), can't figure that out either.  

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
EmmaWashington
Solución
Colaborador líder

Excel Spreadsheet

resolver

Hi @jfrankos! So you want to 1) start doing your sales reports in HubSpot, and you also want to 2) categorize contacts by status.

1) To generate sales reports in HubSpot, you need Deals to pull data from. Here is a KBA on how to create deals. If you are already capturing your Deals in HS, good! What you'd do then is visit Reports > Reports > Report Library > Deals. There are several already-developed sales reports that you can use right out of the box. Of course, you can always create a custom report if the standard ones don't fit your needs. 

EmmaWashington_0-1598481168356.png

EmmaWashington_1-1598481251609.png

2) To classify your contacts by status, you'll need to create a custom property. I actually did the exact same thing for my company. Visit Settings > Properties > click Create Property.

EmmaWashington_2-1598481439868.png

In the new window, make your Object Type = Contact, Group = Contact Information, and give you new property a Label. Then click Next.

EmmaWashington_3-1598481504891.png

When I built this property I made the Field Type a Dropdown Select, but you can choose Single Checkbox or Radio Select, just pick a type where users can only select one option, and know that checkboxes and radio options take up more room on the page because they display all the contact statuses at once. Once you pick your field type, enter your Labels and click Create. 

EmmaWashington_4-1598481664630.png

To pull a list based on that new Contact Status property, visit Contacts > Lists, and click Create List in the top right hand corner. 

EmmaWashington_5-1598481739525.png

On the next screen, select Contact-based, and then pick if you want your list to be Active (always automatically changing based on the filters you put in) or Static (one and done, you will have to pull again in the future to catch any new contacts), and click Next.

On the next screen, name your list, and select Contact Properties.

EmmaWashington_6-1598481930813.png

Search for and select your the new property to built.

EmmaWashington_7-1598481962245.png

Select what status you want to filter by, like if you only want to see end users, and click Save.

EmmaWashington_8-1598482023183.png

And that's it! You can filter or build that list however you choose.

Good luck!

Emma

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
EmmaWashington
Solución
Colaborador líder

Excel Spreadsheet

resolver

Hi @jfrankos! So you want to 1) start doing your sales reports in HubSpot, and you also want to 2) categorize contacts by status.

1) To generate sales reports in HubSpot, you need Deals to pull data from. Here is a KBA on how to create deals. If you are already capturing your Deals in HS, good! What you'd do then is visit Reports > Reports > Report Library > Deals. There are several already-developed sales reports that you can use right out of the box. Of course, you can always create a custom report if the standard ones don't fit your needs. 

EmmaWashington_0-1598481168356.png

EmmaWashington_1-1598481251609.png

2) To classify your contacts by status, you'll need to create a custom property. I actually did the exact same thing for my company. Visit Settings > Properties > click Create Property.

EmmaWashington_2-1598481439868.png

In the new window, make your Object Type = Contact, Group = Contact Information, and give you new property a Label. Then click Next.

EmmaWashington_3-1598481504891.png

When I built this property I made the Field Type a Dropdown Select, but you can choose Single Checkbox or Radio Select, just pick a type where users can only select one option, and know that checkboxes and radio options take up more room on the page because they display all the contact statuses at once. Once you pick your field type, enter your Labels and click Create. 

EmmaWashington_4-1598481664630.png

To pull a list based on that new Contact Status property, visit Contacts > Lists, and click Create List in the top right hand corner. 

EmmaWashington_5-1598481739525.png

On the next screen, select Contact-based, and then pick if you want your list to be Active (always automatically changing based on the filters you put in) or Static (one and done, you will have to pull again in the future to catch any new contacts), and click Next.

On the next screen, name your list, and select Contact Properties.

EmmaWashington_6-1598481930813.png

Search for and select your the new property to built.

EmmaWashington_7-1598481962245.png

Select what status you want to filter by, like if you only want to see end users, and click Save.

EmmaWashington_8-1598482023183.png

And that's it! You can filter or build that list however you choose.

Good luck!

Emma