Enter Form Data without Cookies Being Set

Regular Contributor

Application - RSVP Landing Page -

Is there a way to set up a Landing Page that does NOT leave cookies on the users computer?

If someone calls in an RSVP, we want to be able to enter the attendee information on a Landing Page without Hubspot now thinking that I (or the person who entered the data) is that person because we have entered their name/email/phone#. We understand that we can simply create a Hubspot contact, but not everyone entering the data is a Hubspot user.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Elite Partner

Disable cookie tracking is no longer an option on Hubspot forms, but you can turn on a setting that will create a new contact if the email submitted does not belong to the current cookied user.

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/collect-contact-information-without-disabling-cookie-trackin...

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developer at LyntonWeb

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I understand but I'm not sure that that will actually do what is necessary

It doesn't seem to prevent Hubspot from overwriting the cookie on the user who is entering the data, regardless of whether it is a new or existing contact, right? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Elite Partner

From this documentation - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms#customize-your-form-options :
"If this option is enabled, if a contact submits the form using a different email on a browser where there is already a cookie, views will not be tracked for this contact. Therefore, form fields will not pre-populate with known information."

So, no, it seems the cookie will not be overwritten.

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developer at LyntonWeb

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hey,

I'm facing the same issues! Still didn't find any way to disable cookies from Hubspot form or LP. Did you manage to solve the issue?

0 Upvotes