Lead Capture Tools

ARowe
Participant

Embedding form in wix website

SOLVE

Hi, I am a new user of the free tools.  We currently have a Vision6 embedded form in our Wix website.  I would like to replace this with a HubSpot embedded form so that new contacts are directly updated in Hubspot from now on.  I have created the form and cut/pasted the code as a widget into the wix website but when I click Update, nothing is displayed.  I have checked the code to ensure it is exactly what is in Hubspot.  I don't know what else to do? Please help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Sorry @ARowe 

Wix CMS is one of the few website builders that can't support HubSpot Forms. While it can work it's not reliable.

The Wix CMS usually strips out all the Javascript used to send information to HubSpot.

You could set up a Landing Page, in HubSpot, then direct your visitor to the HubSpot Landing Page where they complete the form. Not ideal, but the alternative is manually syncing your data from Wix to HubSpot.

Good luck

Mike

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
MTomiuk
Participant

SOLVE

Hubspot forms can in fact work with a wix site BUT none of the site tracking will work properly.

0 Upvotes
ERalph
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I had the same problem but solved it by calling the Wix help team. All you need to do is add '<div>' at the very start and very end of your code. 

IE:

<div><script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript" src="//js-eu1.hsforms.net/forms/embed/v2.js"></script>
<script>
hbspt.forms.create({
region: "et1",
portalId: "27142426",
formId: "f47f48dc-9abf-4831-96d2-66hfers5bf2ba"
});
</script><div>

JHansen7
Participant

SOLVE

This works! Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
MBates3
Participant

SOLVE

perfect thanks

0 Upvotes
Ginayoyo
Participant

SOLVE

This method is very effective for my Wix website! Thank you so much!

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Sorry @ARowe 

Wix CMS is one of the few website builders that can't support HubSpot Forms. While it can work it's not reliable.

The Wix CMS usually strips out all the Javascript used to send information to HubSpot.

You could set up a Landing Page, in HubSpot, then direct your visitor to the HubSpot Landing Page where they complete the form. Not ideal, but the alternative is manually syncing your data from Wix to HubSpot.

Good luck

Mike

RobyD

SOLVE

Hello @Mike_Eastwood!

Just came into this topic; what do you mean by it is not reliable?
Do you mean that we can sometimes lose the leads that we get through our contact form?

I'm asking because even though all the tests we ran worked properly, two people complained that the form was not working when they tried to leave us a message.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Roby

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Sorry @RobyD 

My answer was purely aneccdotal. I enquired with one of our advisors at HubSpot on behalf of one of our clients. They said that they wouldn't support, nor guarantee that HubSpot would work with Wix.

Good luck

Mike

Here to learn more about HubSpot and share my HubSpot Knowledge. I'm the founder of Webalite a HubSpot Partner Agency based in Wellington, New Zealand and the founder of Portal-iQ the world's first automated HubSpot Portal Audit that helps you work smarter with HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @ARowe welcome to the Community!

I would like to add our top experts @Bruno_Teixeira @Mike_Eastwood @AdityaBansal any recommendations to @ARowe?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !