Lead Capture Tools

RogerM
Participant

Embed CTA or clickable link

SOLVE

Is it possible to embed a CTA into a PDF document?  (For example, if I create it in InDesign, can I add a link?) .

My goal is this:

- I want to offer an electronic version of the document.

- At the end of the document, I would like to enable the reader to download other documents that might be of interest.  I might have three links available.

- I would like a button or link that can (1) tell me if the source of the visitor was that document and (2) track that user to see if he/she returns to the site in the future.

- My goal is NOT to collect the lead name with the document and NOT to have a form to fill.  But, if they come back three months later, I would like to know if the original source was this document.

I thought of the idea of creating a custom landing page for each link in each document.  But, that means creating a lot of landing pages for each document.  Or, I could have them go to a file hosted on Hubspot.  (Or, do you have a better idea?)

I really want to know about returning visitors and the documents -- even if I do not have leads.

Thank you

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Does this post help you? If so, then help others by accepting it as a solution.

Q: Embed CTA or clickable link?

Short A: Ok, so you have lots of options. The one we like the best is just basic HubSpot tracking links. They're easy to build. They track easily in reports. And you can drop as many as you like in your PDF.Article PortfolioArticle Portfolio

Longer A:

Here's a production PDF that contains these custom links.
- see Article Portfolio

An alternative is to host the PDF on HubSpot and use the document sharing options. In fact, the first document in that Article Portfolio (above) discusses this option at length.

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Does this post help you? If so, then help others by accepting it as a solution.

Q: Embed CTA or clickable link?

Short A: Ok, so you have lots of options. The one we like the best is just basic HubSpot tracking links. They're easy to build. They track easily in reports. And you can drop as many as you like in your PDF.Article PortfolioArticle Portfolio

Longer A:

Here's a production PDF that contains these custom links.
- see Article Portfolio

An alternative is to host the PDF on HubSpot and use the document sharing options. In fact, the first document in that Article Portfolio (above) discusses this option at length.

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
RogerM
Participant

SOLVE

I am sorry, but I do not think that this solves my particular problem.

I want you to imagine the following scenario:

1. I have run a Google AdWords ad or a  LinkedIn "Download" button.  I have NOT captured the lead name.

2. On click, I want to go directly to the PDF.  No landing page.  They get the doucment.  The PDF may be hosted on HubSpot.

3. In the document, I want to include links -- perhaps to other PDFs.

4. Later, if that downloader comes to my website, I want to associate that download activity with that person.

My goal is to see levels of engagement for unknown visitors.