Lead Capture Tools

jstraszheim
Participant

Dropdown field with multiple selections

SOLVE

I would like to create a dropdown field with the option for multiple selections. Currently, that is not an option in Hubspot. Anyone else feel like that would help their form length and conversion capture?!

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

That option doesn't exist natively - @Phil_Vallender weighed in on this topic before here. You'd have to design your own custom dropdown to accomplish something like this. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @jstraszheim. When you create a new property, select the multiple checkboxes option. This will allow you to select as many values as you like, and has the same 1,000-option limit that single picklists do. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 9.54.15 AM.png

0 Upvotes
jstraszheim
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. However, I would love a dropdown menu with this ability as well, because the more options you add (like countries or products), the longer the form gets. This can be a deterent for people to complete our form. yikes!

IMustafa

SOLVE

Although this is very late, if you are worried about the multi select checkbox values being listed out in forms, you can use scripts to create a dropdown from the multi select. You'll first need your form to be on a landing page or any page you can insert a script on, like one on your website that you have backend access to. Then you'll need to make a script that does the following:

1. Identify the Hubspot multi-select property on the page.
  2. Create a multi-select dropdown element right next to the Hubspot multi-select checkboxes.
  3. Pull the values listed in each option of the multi-select checkboxes and re-create them in the multi-select dropdown that the script made.
  4. Create an On-Click function that will automatically sync any selections from your multi-select dropdown to the multi-select checkboxes. 
    • EX: If i select 2 options in the multi-select dropdown, the same 2 options will be selected in the Hubspot multi-select checkboxes property.
  5. Once you confirm that the 2 multi-selects are synced on the page, you can have the script set a css styling of display:none on the original Hubspot multi-select chekboxes from the page.

Now you'll have a custom multi-select dropdown on landing pages or web pages with a multi-select checkbox hubspot property in forms! If you have any questions on this process, please feel free to ask.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

That option doesn't exist natively - @Phil_Vallender weighed in on this topic before here. You'd have to design your own custom dropdown to accomplish something like this.