Lead Capture Tools

mmetros
Participant

Does HubSpot cookie utm params for second, third, etc. conversion campaigns

SOLVE
I want to understand what limitations HubSpot has when handling utms. Does it only track the first conversion campaign on the prospect record?

If I want to track all campaigns that my prospect goes through and append this data to the correct campaign in salesforce.

What’s the best practice here?
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MikeCormack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Hubspot tracks all your campaign conversions, but not in the contact record In a way you can transfer to sales force. To do that you need to track all campaigns. Could be
Campaign a
Campaign b
Etc
Multi select as in can check multiple options.
Hidden fields in forms to tie the campaign to the contact record.
You have to have some kind of custom field on the contact record that records the conversions.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MikeCormack
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Multi select custom with all campaigns is one way. Or a custom for each. Or you could use the recent conversion to build in sales force assuming you can monitor field changes there. Personally hidden fields and custom for each. Both are good in fact there is an argument to use both as you can aggregate the data in different ways. But only if you have the time for that 😂
0 Upvotes
mmetros
Participant

SOLVE

I am not 100% sure what you mean by "Multi select custom with all campaigns is one way".

I am new to Hubspot so I am still learning

0 Upvotes
MikeCormack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE
Hubspot tracks all your campaign conversions, but not in the contact record In a way you can transfer to sales force. To do that you need to track all campaigns. Could be
Campaign a
Campaign b
Etc
Multi select as in can check multiple options.
Hidden fields in forms to tie the campaign to the contact record.
You have to have some kind of custom field on the contact record that records the conversions.
0 Upvotes